Key largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 Horizon Divers. Their boat that is scheduled to go to the wreck is smaller and always, in my experience, goes to the wreck. No diversions based on having less experienced divers on the boat. You'll double dip the Spiegel or combo two wrecks, conditions permitting. IMHO, the wrecks are the best diving in the Keys.

If reefs are your thing, they have a "shallow reef" boat that goes out every day, too. If you have never been to FL, keep in mind that they are very very adamant about 60 minute dive times max for NDL dives. It's important to respect this. The captains are keeping a schedule. Enjoy. Largo is fun.

Great Cuban sandwiches at Fernandez The Bull. Good beer and burgers at M.E.A.T.

+2 for Horizon Divers. Also, can get off the afternoon boat and enjoy a meal and $1PBR at Shipwrecks right there at the dock.

One question. I'm planning to dive on 1st September. But I have heard about a storm/hurricane that could arrive tomorrow.

Could that spoil the dive? I'm planning to do 2 wrecks but if the visibility is going to be very bad...

Excuse me if is a silly question but we don't have those storms in Spain and I have no idea of the effect in the water.

Thank you

One question. I'm planning to dive on 1st September. But I have heard about a storm/hurricane that could arrive tomorrow.

Could that spoil the dive? I'm planning to do 2 wrecks but if the visibility is going to be very bad...

Excuse me if is a silly question but we don't have those storms in Spain and I have no idea of the effect in the water.

Thank you

No. The upper keys will see little to no impact from Idalia. Conditions look fine for Friday currently.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom