Recommend me a console type computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cthippo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
The next bit of gear I need to get is a dive computer and I very much want a console time with a HP hose for AI versus a transmitter. I had been planning to get an oceanic PP3 or 4, but reading about other user's experiences with them on here gives me a fair bit of concern. I don't need the high end features like switching gasses or the like. A large screen and intuitive UI is important to me, as is cost.

What does the hivemind recommend?

Those are not air integrated; they are just a simple computer plus an SPG.
Take a look at the Aqua Lung i550C.
You might also consider an older ProPlus 2 or 3, if you can find one used. They are much more solid than the newer ones, it seems. Save a lot of money, too!

If Sherwood is still making the Wisdom, you might look into that. Definitely had a big screen and fairly intuitive.

Those are not air integrated; they are just a simple computer plus an SPG.
The OP said "want a console time with a HP hose for AI versus a transmitter" which I took to mean a standard console SPG with a computer. Perhaps I was mistaken?

Oceanic ProPlus is worth a look as well.

So is it just the Pro Plus 4s that are problematic (problematic pro pluses?) and the 2, 3 and x are all good? I have been looking at the Sherwood Wisdom and Sage, and both seem like good options.

The OP said "want a console time with a HP hose for AI versus a transmitter" which I took to mean a standard console SPG with a computer. Perhaps I was mistaken?
Sorry, I was probably unclear. I want a computer that connects to the tank via a hose versus one that uses a wireless transmitter. While theoretically the hose is a potential failure point, I generally trust hoses.

While theoretically the hose is a potential failure point, I generally trust hoses.
I've had more HP hoses fail than transmitters (the PPS MH8A type, for Oceanic, A-L, Shearwater, etc).

So is it just the Pro Plus 4s that are problematic (problematic pro pluses?) and the 2, 3 and x are all good? I have been looking at the Sherwood Wisdom and Sage, and both seem like good options.

Sorry, I was probably unclear. I want a computer that connects to the tank via a hose versus one that uses a wireless transmitter. While theoretically the hose is a potential failure point, I generally trust hoses.

You’ve obviously never used a Shearwater and accompanying transmitters. A number of cave divers use transmitters only for pretty long dives. Risk level of those dives is a lot higher than your recreational ones. I use transmitters only for my baby cave dives.

here is one
3. Cressi Digi 2 Console - Maybe 20 dives. It's not a computer but a digital SPG. New battery and I'll include two new ones, too. $120 plus $15 shipping
IMG_20220530_143314.jpg
And you’ll be helping someone out. Except not a computer …

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom