Air Integrated Console w/transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay Young

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Customer needs a replacement console computer, and requested air integration in addition to an analogue pressure gauge.
I have searched most manufacturers and I don't see that anything like this exists.

Does a console computer exist which has air integration with a transmitter? Can I make something fit in the console?
The console in question is originally a Sunnto Companion.

I am not aware of anything that will work like this, but the customer doesn't want a wrist computer, and doesn't want to give up the analogue gauge. They also do not want two hoses. Please let me know of any thoughts.

But why... I've seen consoles made for the peregrine that have an SPG and the peregrine above it. Might be able to find a similar setup using a perdix AI? Or maybe tell them to just wear the wrist mount and keep an SPG clipped off at their belt.

Sure get a puck computer like a Suunto Vyper Novo which is air integrated via a transmitter and install that into the depth gauge part of the console. Have to remove the wrist mount bits but it should fit into the console boot.

Why bother, takes away the entire point of the transmitter.

Either get a console computer that also has AI like the cobra, except not a suunto. Or wrist mount the computer with a back up spg.

Customer needs a replacement console computer, and requested air integration in addition to an analogue pressure gauge.
I have searched most manufacturers and I don't see that anything like this exists.

Does a console computer exist which has air integration with a transmitter? Can I make something fit in the console?
The console in question is originally a Sunnto Companion.

I am not aware of anything that will work like this, but the customer doesn't want a wrist computer, and doesn't want to give up the analogue gauge. They also do not want two hoses. Please let me know of any thoughts.

No offense but this sounds dumb.

Can't do wrist stuff, every few years I try it even for a few dives and can't do wrist stuff

Computer, you have to hold you arm there, how do you do do accurate compass stuff

Just been pulling out long spg hoses so I can hold the compass away and see it clearly

001.JPG

Building some new consoles I just love consoles, no comforter or baby blanky, just consoles

289 019a.jpg

Not just an spg clipped to my hip, a console

290 033a.jpg

With a slate with a tech dive scribbled on it and a perdix

292 029a.jpg

Just strapped to my chest you can see the comp without moving anything

364 26232328_1795887217119559_5507116560859510058_oa.jpg

Hey and when I squeeze through really tight spaces in places and when It's difficult to squeeze back

I unclip the console

Hey I was talking to a friend yesterday hadn't spoken in over ten years, a tech diving instructor maxed out in certs including cave, took me on my first cave dives, magnificent and in between telling each other how much we loved each other and figuring out how we were going to catch up with each other he said to me he still hadn't reached social maturity at 48

Here

31919621_1582713351825950_3353678402233040896_n.jpg

Ohh ah!

Hey Marie13 I start my first cave course next month ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom