Recommend me a console type computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does the hivemind recommend?
Hivemind doesn't recommend consoles for the most part, and prefers wrist mount. But to each their own.
So is it just the Pro Plus 4s that are problematic (problematic pro pluses?) and the 2, 3 and x are all good? I have been looking at the Sherwood Wisdom and Sage, and both seem like good options.
I used a Pro Plus 2 for several years. It was my first dive computer. Worked well. No complaints. My dad still has one. Fairly easy to use, and easy to read display for the time. Monochrome LCD display just isn't as good as the bright full color displays that are becoming more common.

My wife and daughter are still diving Pro Plus 2s. They were originally purchased in 2002. The pressure sensors eventually went out and both were replaced in 2017 by Huish for $175 each. They both love their computers.

Everyone in the family has always dived DSAT and/or Buhlmann. Besides the Oceanic Pro Plus series, the Sherwood AI consoles also run DSAT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom