Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How deep did you go?

About 85ft need lights but was clear. Cool passthough there too. Also hear a good spot for deep is over by the 1702 sign if you follow the wall down.

Super! I need two more dives to finish my Adv Nitrox / Deco.

:fear: OMG, am I actually thinking of diving that cold-a$$ lake again?!?!?!?

Lake Pleasant Dive Conditions: Lake Level is up between 5 and 10 feet because of the rain. While the rain probably impacted visibility a little, it is still pretty good at 20 feet (above 50 feet in depth). Surface Temperatures have decreased with the cool weather to 54 Oceanic degrees.

////

Was out on the Christmas Tree reef on 1-10-11 conducting a recon dive for this year's sinking. Found the visibility to be the best I have seen in a year at the lake, 20+ down to 60'. Water temp was 55 on my Oceanic, glad my dry suit didn't leak!

If you have stayed away from the lake over the past year because of the low visibility it looks like those days are behind us!

January 13, 2011 Vista Point. The walk down is getting much shorter...though a little tricky due to the recent rain and run-off. The road in is pretty bumpy right now too.

Temp was 56* at the surface and 51* at 80ffw. The vis was about 20 feet at 40ffw and about 10 at 80ffw.

My Son and I dove the Christmas Trees on the 17 Jan 11, Surface water temp was 58 Deg and vis was good (for the lake) down to 40ft then closed in to about 10ft Vis around the trees, I took some video of the dive--> YouTube - Christmas tree dive with my Liquid Image camera mask the videos look much less grainy on the computer than on Youtube maybe a bandwith thing? As the mask records in 720p.

Dove at Vista Point today. My first day in sidemount. Very quiet with no other divers. Vis in the shallows was 15-20 feet. In the deeps 10-15 feet. 50 suunto degrees with no thermocline to 122 feet. By noon it was nice and warm with no wind on the surface.

PD

P.S. Thanks to whoever added the steps. I appreciated that very much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax
Dove at Vista Point today. My first day in sidemount. Very quiet with no other divers. Vis in the shallows was 15-20 feet. In the deeps 10-15 feet. 50 suunto degrees with no thermocline to 122 feet. By noon it was nice and warm with no wind on the surface.

PD

P.S. Thanks to whoever added the steps. I appreciated that very much.

Super!!! Are you going to add your experience to http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/side-mount-divers/348900-my-venture-into-sidemount.html?

Dove Vista Point today. I was the only diver. Very quiet. Sidemount for the second time and had an awesome day. The vis is really good at about twenty feet. Temps are close to 50F. I established a guideline from the gap to the rail at 134 feet. Deco required. Only the techs should apply.

PD

Desert Tortoise today. Water is chilly at 52F TUSA. Viz was a good 15 until the wind kicked up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom