Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove Sat the 27th. The water level is up at least 10 feet from October. Viz was about 15ft near 40ft depth. Water temp was a brisk 58 degrees at depth according to the XR2. I wore a 7mm no hood or gloves and was ok. Next weekend I will wear a hood and gloves though :wink:

Dove Vista Point yesterday Nov. 28. Cold winds and choppy surface conditions. Water temps were 61 F suunto degrees. 15 feet vis down to 40 or so feet. 5-10 feet down to 120 feet. The lake was like diving a toy ocean.

PD

Dove VP yesterday Dec. 6. Now is the season. Water level is up and vis is up. Though cold-57F suunto degrees. No thermocline yet. Only a few divers and minimum boats. Vis in the shallows was 15 feet...maybe more. Vis down to 110 was 10 feet. Under 120 is less than zero.

PD

Dove VP today with Gary Moyer. Today was pretty quiet-one other group arrived near the end of our first dive. An OW class was taking place across the cove. Water temps were 55 suunto degrees and the vis in the shallows was 20 feet. In the deeps the vis was maybe 5 feet under 100 feet. All-in-all its was a great day of diving.

Nice chatting w/you, Pete! I wish we'd had more time, but the other two were my instructors and I had to pay attn.

Whoo-hooo, dives 3 & 4 of 6 done!!

Pete nailed the conditions, BTW; 54F Sol degrees.

Was a little nicer over at Tech Island yesterday. Temp was around 58 at 85ft and really good vis (for the lake) was about 20 ish. Lots of catfish :D

Where is this Tech Island, please?

Accessible from a boat, don't have the exact GPS cor but from vista point it is about in the middle of the lake. Right now it is marked with 1 reef buoy and a red ball. Markers will most likely be underwater soon with the rate the lake is filling up - I'm bad at giving directions can you tell :wink:

Thanks, Dom; I'm marking up a lake map for interesting things.

How deep did you go? We dropped into a cloud at 75' at Vista Point, and had to dive by Braille . . .

Back
Top Bottom