Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove Vista Point today. Topside weather was cold with intermittent rain. Water temps are in the early 50's. Vis was 20 feet. I finished adding a guide line that starts near the shore and goes to the wall and links the rail in two spots. To find the line: From the table facing the water; the line starts in 20 feet of water (for now) and tracks down to a tree. Enter the water just right of a small point. Run a search north and west and you should find it. If not, take an angle less than 330 degrees and you should cross it (But enter the water 50-70 feet right of the table...just left of the on-shore tree). The guide line is for technical dives in low or zero vis and goes a maximum of 1000 feet out into the bay to depths at 150 feet (current depth). There are line arrows at most of the junctions. The section added today goes from the wall where the line first hits the rail in 90 feet of water. Use the line all you want but please don't disturb it. I will be back to improve the section added today. It will require one more dive to make sure it is running not to high off the bottom and there are no line traps. Its now possible to run a complete tech circuit with max depth at 140 feet shore to shore.

PD

Out both days this weekend.

Water is still at ~50* and viz is exceptional at 20'+.

Anyone diving this Sunday, Mar 13th?

Me, too!

Edit: Okay, I've loaded up my gear. I'm trying for 9-9:30 at the lake. Now, where to dive . . . ?

Last edited:
Thinking about it.

Karen

Karen, do you know any shops open on a Sunday that could top off my tank? Preferably with banked Nitrox, but I'll top off air if I have to.

Karen, do you know any shops open on a Sunday that could top off my tank? Preferably with banked Nitrox, but I'll top off air if I have to.

Don't know any shops open on Sunday, but maybe they will chime in.

The Sports Chalet on I-17 on the way to the lake is usually open and can fill air. You might want to call them first as I am not 100% sure they still have a scuba section...haven't been there in awhile.

Karen

Reactions: Jax
I'm thinking Vlsta Point, since I'll be solo and have dived there before.

Dove Vista Point with Bill today. Vis is absolutely great. 30-50 foot vis in the shallows. At about 80 feet we could look up and see the ripples on the surface where the sun was shining through. Surface temp was 56-58º. 52 VT3 degrees at 92 feet.

If you go you may want a shovel to dig a path through the berm somebody decided to create. It's about a foot or so high from the parking lot side. The other side covers the first 2 or 3 feet of the down hill side. You have to step over it to get down the hill to the water. It's really lose stuff. Easy to take a header, well easier than usual at Vista Point.

This is the golden time at the lake. I haven't seen the vis this good since the rise of the zebra muscles. The vis should be great until the water warms up enough to start the alge bloom. The water is cold enough that there aren't a lot of boaters. To cold for Lake Lice (jet skis) too.

Dive Safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom