Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove Vista Point with Bill today. Vis is absolutely great. 30-50 foot vis in the shallows. At about 80 feet we could look up and see the ripples on the surface where the sun was shining through. Surface temp was 56-58º. 52 VT3 degrees at 92 feet.

If you go you may want a shovel to dig a path through the berm somebody decided to create. It's about a foot or so high from the parking lot side. The other side covers the first 2 or 3 feet of the down hill side. You have to step over it to get down the hill to the water. It's really lose stuff. Easy to take a header, well easier than usual at Vista Point.

This is the golden time at the lake. I haven't seen the vis this good since the rise of the zebra muscles. The vis should be great until the water warms up enough to start the alge bloom. The water is cold enough that there aren't a lot of boaters. To cold for Lake Lice (jet skis) too.

Dive Safe.

I dived Vista Point today . . . Someone else was already in the water, so I compassed over to the area, but missed them; they were gone when I got out.

Someone has shoveled an area through the berm, over by the picnic table. They also tried to make a series of steps - just watch your step! The big rock rocks . . . easy way to face-plant.

Ditto on the vis, it was quite wonderful. I got 55oF on the lowest point, but at 30' and up at 60oF.

However, I did not see PDelannoy's (sp?) guidelines he put in -- have they been pulled?

Edit: Wait a minute - my right arm (computer) says it was 52.9oF!

Last edited:
I dived Vista Point today . . . Someone else was already in the water, so I compassed over to the area, but missed them; they were gone when I got out.

Someone has shoveled an area through the berm, over by the picnic table. They also tried to make a series of steps - just watch your step! The big rock rocks . . . easy way to face-plant.

Ditto on the vis, it was quite wonderful. I got 55oF on the lowest point, but at 30' and up at 60oF.

However, I did not see PDelannoy's (sp?) guidelines he put in -- have they been pulled?

Edit: Wait a minute - my right arm (computer) says it was 52.9oF!

I didn't see the line that goes over to the wall. But it's probably at about 50 feet by now. I did run across the leg that goes from the wall to the rail when we were on our way back at the end of our first dive.

Where did you go on your dives?

I didn't see the line that goes over to the wall. But it's probably at about 50 feet by now. I did run across the leg that goes from the wall to the rail when we were on our way back at the end of our first dive.

Where did you go on your dives?

Just around the 30' area, and then over to the wall, dropped down, and came up - practicing my level holds, and swapping ponies. I'm not familiar enough with the area to go too far while solo.

Did a night dive last Saturday at Desert Tortoise. Viz was amazing. Distance was only limited by my light. Viz easily 40-50' from surface down to 50'. Hope it holds up for a while.

It will until the water warms enough for the alge to bloom. Then it's back to crash helmet diving until next spring. Love cold water diving.

Completed dives at Vista Pt. both Sat & Sun (3/19-20). The visibiltiy was very good. The line is still there that runs out to the rail.

I have been away for a couple of weeks. With the water level up my line is going to be down in the 50 foot range. The lines are not pulled. I will maintain them and fix them when/if something disrupts them. There are two connections to the rail. The lower one is in 140 feet of water so someone with an AL80 won't come across that tie in. Right now the whole system is pretty deep because of the water level and is appropriate for technical divers. The upper tie in to the rail is the most shallow and there is a line arrow pointing toward shore. From the rail, if you follw the line it will pass a junction with arrows and bring you back to shore; probably about 20-30 feet in depth where the line terminates.

PD

PD,

Coming off the rail at 140', where does this line go? A couple of us might check it out this Friday.

Thanks

Craig

I have been away for a couple of weeks. With the water level up my line is going to be down in the 50 foot range. The lines are not pulled. I will maintain them and fix them when/if something disrupts them. There are two connections to the rail. The lower one is in 140 feet of water so someone with an AL80 won't come across that tie in. Right now the whole system is pretty deep because of the water level and is appropriate for technical divers. The upper tie in to the rail is the most shallow and there is a line arrow pointing toward shore. From the rail, if you follw the line it will pass a junction with arrows and bring you back to shore; probably about 20-30 feet in depth where the line terminates.

PD

AZ-Zoner,

The line goes from shore to the wall and follows the wall to its terminus which is in about 150 feet of water and out about 1000 feet. Approximately half-way, the line reaches a gap in the wall I call The Gap. From the gap you can continue west along the line to the end of the wall or take the junction north that will lead you to the rail. That's the section you were asking about. Two weeks ago, where the line ties into the rail, was 136 feet. The Gap was 127 feet. Where the line ties into the rail, if you turn up the rail you will hit another line that brings you back to shore for a circuit. I have pasted the directions to find the line just off shore at VP below.

[To find the line: From the table facing the water; the line starts in 20 feet of water (for now) and tracks down to a tree. Enter the water just right of a small point. Run a search north and west and you should find it. If not, take an angle less than 330 degrees and you should cross it (But enter the water 50-70 feet right of the table...just left of the on-shore tree). The guide line is for technical dives in low or zero vis and goes a maximum of 1000 feet out into the bay to depths at 150 feet (current depth). There are line arrows at most of the junctions. The section added today goes from the wall where the line first hits the rail in 90 feet of water. Use the line all you want but please don't disturb it. I will be back to improve the section added today. It will require one more dive to make sure it is running not to high off the bottom and there are no line traps. Its now possible to run a complete tech circuit with max depth at 140 feet shore to shore.]

If you can't find the line off shore then take a 330 bearing and when you hit the wall follow it by staying right on top and eventually you will hit the line at the T. Left takes you back to shore. Straight ahead takes you to The Gap and the right leg takes you to the rail (shallow). There are line arrows.

If you follow the line towards the Gap you will come to a junction. Either way takes you to the Gap. But the lower line takes you deeper, to the bottom of the wall. I usually stay on the upper line because the profile is better.

Have fun.

PD

Reactions: Jax
PD,

Thanks, we'll definitely check it out on Friday. Hope we still have good vis at the lake after this rain we had.

Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom