Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

61 degrees - 15 foot vis.

Dove Besmeyer Point today with Flanders and the Academy of Scuba. The water temp is 64F and the vis has improved. I'd say 15 feet in the shallows down to 51 feet where we hit a cloud and vis dropped to near zero. We turned back to shallower depths. I hope we've turned the point and the added water and cooler temps will bring consistent vis back to the lake.

I did two dives. One solo at 30 feet, just blowing bags. Second dive with Flanders for 68-72 minutes, max depth 52 feet. Awesome day at the lake. Just call us hover pies.

PD

Last edited:
To add to Pete's post: xmas trees are at about 39 feet.

I'll be at Vista Point tomorrow around 9 a.m. For any tech divers not at DEMA: I will have a descent line established that drops to the gap in the wall at 120 feet. I have a guide line that runs the length of the wall so even in zero vis the far reaches of the wall are dive-able. I dive solo. But feel free to meet and use the descent line while its up.

PD

Awesome time to dive VP. Things have cooled down and the water level is up. Vis in the shallows was 15-20 feet. Vis in the deeps was 5-10 feet...which is way better than a week ago. Below 120feet the vis is still zero. Water temps were low sixties (63F). There is no abrupt thermocline right now, though I'm sure you can find one below 130 feet. The weather contrasted between short squalls and sunny but windy.

PD

Saturday I did dives 300 and 301.:D I was joined by Bill and Josh. It was the first drysuit dives of the season for Bill and me so we decided to dive at Burro Island to keep things simple. But with the lake coming up Burro Isl is cut off until next year. So we opted for Beismeyer Point instead. Thought we would visit the fishes residing in the xmastree reef.

Vis above 60 feet was about 15 feet. Water temp was 63º with no thermocline. Vis goes south fast below 60 feet so we stayed above it. It was fun re-familiarizing myself with the area around Beismeyer. We saw a lot of small fry taking refuge in the boughs of the tree reef. Small schools of hand sized fish-not sure of the make and model- were hanging out in the surrounding rock formations. Carp were chewing up the bottom east of the trees creating underwater haboobs of silt. Which we of course strayed into. I would call it IFR diving but I couldn't see my compass or computer. Got turned 90º somehow but that was okay because I was planning on turning the dive in a few anyway. We swam out of the yuckie stuff after a few minutes. I re-established our heading and kept on going like I planned it.

The weather conditions on Saturday (windy and partly cloudy) made the lighting at depth everchanging depending on if the clouds blocked the sunlight a little or a lot. Dive lights are always standard kit at the lake.

The best news is that both Bill and I actually remembered how to dive with a drysuit. Looking forward to diving next weekend. Maybe back to VP.

Dove the Buoyancy Course at Vista Point. Lake is up 5 feet since last time I dove it. Water temp is 61 Oceanic Degrees. Vis was 15 to 20 feet. Ambient light down to 50 feet. Air temp was frigid at 8am and the wind was BLOWING.

Dove the Buoyancy Course at Vista Point. Lake is up 5 feet since last time I dove it. Water temp is 61 Oceanic Degrees. Vis was 15 to 20 feet. Ambient light down to 50 feet. Air temp was frigid at 8am and the wind was BLOWING.

Yikes! I thought you dove PHOENIX! :lol: Thanks for the report!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom