Rebuild a Conshelf XIV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's the tech manual if anyone wants it.

I still use the first stage on occasion. It's honestly super reliable. My kids were using it for a while and now it's parked on the doubles. I like that the ip is externally adjustable. I don't use the second stage as it's not adjustable by hand and will free flow when i don't want it to so i threw a Micra as a lasso backup on it.

20230324_203330.jpg

Build your own service kit:
820120 DIN O-ring: 2-112 Duro 90 your choice of material
119129 Bal Chbr B/U ring: 2-006 dished B/U ring - TheOringStore,LLC N8-90-006
820094 DIN adapter: 2.64x12.30 ISO3601 B0100 oring your choice
957004 HP Port o-ring: 2-012 Duro 90 your choice of material
820011 LP Port o-ring: 2-011 Duro 70 your choice of material
105106 Filter: Trident AA71
845095 Filter Washer: McMaster ring shim 91192A160
105940 HP Seat: Scubagaskets 124624
820080 HP Seat shaft: 2-006 Duro 90 oring your choice of material
103429 Diaphragm (new): 35x1.5mm Scubagaskets 119159
103429 Diaphragm (old) 35x2.4mm - unknown
821026 Thrust Washer: Trident A117
863051 Filter Circlip (inner): McMaster 91580A151
861068 Yoke Circlip (outer): McMaster 91590A127 - an 11/16" inverted external ring is original, but
I can't find it in Stainless. Prospect fastener SHI-62SS is close.
820014 DIN Kit: Unknown

If you have a yoke reg - no problem
If you have an old DIN with the adapter - let us know about 820014 oring size.

Rob, has Trident begun allowing non-shops to purchase from their catalog offerings?

-Z

Rob, has Trident begun allowing non-shops to purchase from their catalog offerings?

-Z
No. But I'll get it for you.

And if we put together a big enough Scubagaskets buy, we could score 15-25% off.

No. But I'll get it for you.

And if we put together a big enough Scubagaskets buy, we could score 15-25% off.
That partslist is outstanding! Thank you!

Do you know where I can source 2nd stage diaphragms and exhaust valves?

It still surprises me that there are no "open" regulator designs that are completely standardized after all these years. I mean, conceptually, there are only a few basic models, right?

I thought hog was pretty liberal with parts

HOG isn't liberal with parts, they just don't regulate the sale of service kits and such by their retailers. Unlike many of the other brands, it is up to the retailer to determine if they will sell HOG kits to the general public. Check out the Divers Supply website, they own (in whole or in part) Edge-HOG....they do not have service kits for sale on their website.

-Z

Just one more reason to look at Deep6...
The Excursion does everything that the Conshelf does. A hair more IP spread from full to empty tank, but inexpensive and easy to service like the Conshelf.
It still surprises me that there are no "open" regulator designs that are completely standardized after all these years. I mean, conceptually, there are only a few basic models, right?
It's all about the subtleties. Yeah, there's not much to a piece of rubber or plastic sealing against a knife edge under (low or high) pressure. But execution is a whole 'nother thing...

@rsingler, you can be sure that I will be printing out your parts list and keeping a copy of it where I keep my regs. Thank you, my friend. BTW, I checked the mail tracker on my C XIV and they report it should be here Monday.
🐸
PS Just checked again and it was on my carport! Life is good!

HOG isn't liberal with parts, they just don't regulate the sale of service kits and such by their retailers. Unlike many of the other brands, it is up to the retailer to determine if they will sell HOG kits to the general public. Check out the Divers Supply website, they own (in whole or in part) Edge-HOG....they do not have service kits for sale on their website.

-Z
Anything has to be better than Aqualung. Can't even buy a second stage only unless it's an octo.

Back
Top Bottom