rebreathers and trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting, for me my Draeger Dolphin has more drag then my inspiration. I did not feel enough of a difference with my inspo vs a single 80 while diving Palau a few weeks ago. Even in some of the really good currents I did not feel it was an issue. However, I did find out the hardway that its dumb to attach a reef hook to the waistband D ring on the inspo. Now I have to replace the buckle. The dolphin on the other hand I do notice the difference in drag over standard OC.

my 0.02 psi.

scubanimal:
Interesting, for me my Draeger Dolphin has more drag then my inspiration. I did not feel enough of a difference with my inspo vs a single 80 while diving Palau a few weeks ago. Even in some of the really good currents I did not feel it was an issue. However, I did find out the hardway that its dumb to attach a reef hook to the waistband D ring on the inspo. Now I have to replace the buckle. The dolphin on the other hand I do notice the difference in drag over standard OC.

my 0.02 psi.

Thanks. Palau. Geez...I'd give a small part of my left toe to be there right now. Were you using a scooter?

In my experience, Drager Atlantis/Dolphin are draggier. The box and the side mounted bottles don't help too much.

The coolest thing to see are scooters & riders who are so efficient they leave a small wake in the shallows. Luckily, I have one hot-rod scooter which dusts other scooters.
X

Back
Top Bottom