rebreathers and trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those look like the OEM cam bands with velcro closure.
What do you use? Bailing wire, duct tape, hose clamps, spot welding?

Darn. I was going to post Ron S's. original SS frame for his Prism. Seems uploads always fail! It was one tuff mother. Talk about building tuff...Enrique Alvarez is a supreme metal master. His frames are always characterized by extra beefiness and by innovative ways to off-set buoyancy characterisitics. One of his earlier Inspiration iterations looked almost like a shiny robot! :D

Mr.X:
Darn. I was going to post Ron S's. original SS frame for his Prism. Seems uploads always fail! It was one tuff mother. Talk about building tuff...Enrique Alvarez is a supreme metal master. His frames are always characterized by extra beefiness and by innovative ways to off-set buoyancy characterisitics. One of his earlier Inspiration iterations looked almost like a shiny robot! :D

Haha, he trained me on mine. He uses the Grey Wolf plates now himself. There's a picture of that thing in Mastering Rebreathers by Jeff Bozanic. Looks like a roll cage.

Attachments

• Cis.jpg
    Cis.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 101
Nice! If one doesn't mind big heavy and expensive, that's the way to go.

Tmccar1:
Yea, and more complicated than a space shuttle. If you can dive that thing you can dive anything.

The thing had lights all over the place and certainly was a design ahead of it's time. The really, really good thing about it was that none of the heat shields ever came off during re-entry.

I do hope it re-emerges as a slicker, less prone to break type of machine.

X

Mr.X:
The thing had lights all over the place and certainly was a design ahead of it's time. The really, really good thing about it was that none of the heat shields ever came off during re-entry.

I do hope it re-emerges as a slicker, less prone to break type of machine.

X

Haha, yea, those alloy shingles on the counterlungs were pretty rugged, too bad you needed a 3,000 lb BC to lift them though. Hehe.

Tmccar1:
Haha, yea, those alloy shingles on the counterlungs were pretty rugged, too bad you needed a 3,000 lb BC to lift them though. Hehe.

Since we are talking space age :D, streamlining and propulsion and because I am writing tedious reports right now...do you find a particular manufactured model slippier vs. others? I know my Classic KISS moves pretty nicely through the water. I would also imagine the Prism/SK moves nicely too.

As a standard I would say user drives a Mako type scooter (Gavin/SS/X/Mako/Farallon) on a setting of "7". Shrouds as per standard RB config. Likert Scale ranges 1-5

Classic - fast (5)
Doubles OC - fast (5)
Meg- Medium/Fast (3/4)
Inspiration - Medium (3)
Cis - Medium/Slow(2)

Ouro -
Optima -
SK -
Prism -
Drager -
Rb80/Clone -
Submatix -
Mk 15 -

Sorry - no Drager Ray...doesn't count as an RB :)

X

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom