Rebreather parts for DIY?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bruehlt

Contributor
Reaction score
Before anyone starts to condesendingly tell me that only a fool would do this - yah, I've heard it already!

Anyhow, I am looking for sources for parts, and am having a difficult time finding any. Specifically, does anyone know of a source for oxygen compatible solenoid valves? I am curious to know where some of the users out there have obtained theirs.

What about different materials - such as the material for the scrubber canister, or the counter-lungs? Any takers?

bruehlt once bubbled...
Before anyone starts to condesendingly tell me that only a fool would do this - yah, I've heard it already!

Anyhow, I am looking for sources for parts, and am having a difficult time finding any. Specifically, does anyone know of a source for oxygen compatible solenoid valves? I am curious to know where some of the users out there have obtained theirs.

What about different materials - such as the material for the scrubber canister, or the counter-lungs? Any takers?

The most popular solenoids that are used are Wattmeiser, they are low voltage/current but be warned oxygen compatible are generallly not stocked and expect a wait of a month or more..

the are sold by many suppliers.. If I cn find my contact, I'll update this message..

or you can find an inspiration dealer thats willing to sell you the solenoid thats used in the inspiration.. its a custome solenoid thats fully serviceable..

for any reasonable canister design you'll have to do extensive machineing or get something molded.. stay away from lexan/poly carbonate..
acrylic is ok but it is not very impact resistant.. Your best bet is probably delrin (some glues will stick but not a permanent connection) or HDPE no solvents has to be thermally welded.

I would suggest neoprene, ultrasoniclly welded and glued..

If you are an experienced RB diver its a good execercise in learning,, If you don;t dive one already I would suggest against it since you probbably wouldn't know what works and what doesn't.

Yeah! If you could post your contact I would appreciate it. I contacted Snap-Tite about the wattmeiser earlier today and they said they don't sell them O2 clean from the factory, and gave me a contact of a Co in NY that cleans them......I seem confused here - can anyone clear this up?

I ordered mine from van air hydraulic,
I don't know where thier 800# is but I have 856-779-7300 as an alternate number..

The salesman didn't know if they were cleaned or not.. I just made sure I purchased units that were stainless and had viton seals and cleaned the units myself.. If your not confortable doing the cleaning I would reconsider building a RB.. everything you do will have to be made free of contaminates...

I don't know what other people are using, I like the flow rate in the unit with the max psi of 110

2w136-1nr-v1a4 - 110psi

2w136-1nr-v2b4 - 125 psi

2w136-1nr-v0a4 - 150 psi

The higher the allowable pressure the smaller the orafice is and the lower the flow rate will be ..

the optimal interstage pressure is probably between 100-110 psi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom