TDI CC Rebreather (Air Diluent) - Advanced Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've noticed that I feel less lethargic after deco dives and think it might be the time on high O2.
I suspect that's due to a more controlled ascent with discrete stops rather than what you're breathing.

I suspect that's due to a more controlled ascent with discrete stops rather than what you're breathing.
Possibly. But since deco procedures my ascent rate has increased (i.e. I go up between stops faster now than I used to) in order to meet the run times of the dive plan (always staying within the recommended 10m/min). And I've always taken my time at safety stops.

I also noticed something similar when I started diving Nitrox. I live in Chile, but Spanish is not my first language. After air dives I had always felt a little more difficulty speaking (especially in Spanish), like my tongue was half asleep. Since nitrox that problem is gone. Now, whenever I do a stop with high O2 I also feel less tired after a dive.

Possibly. But since deco procedures my ascent rate has increased (i.e. I go up between stops faster now than I used to) in order to meet the run times of the dive plan (always staying within the recommended 10m/min). And I've always taken my time at safety stops.

I also noticed something similar when I started diving Nitrox. I live in Chile, but Spanish is not my first language. After air dives I had always felt a little more difficulty speaking (especially in Spanish), like my tongue was half asleep. Since nitrox that problem is gone. Now, whenever I do a stop with high O2 I also feel less tired after a dive.
Suspect the feeling less tired after diving using Nitrox / deco stops with deco mixes is due to less microbubble load on your system, and hence less immune system reaction. On the opposite end of that spectrum, I find if I get my CNS to 20% or above on a single dive using Nitrox, I get CNS fatigue an hour or so after the dive. 20% is not particularly high by most measures it seems. So for me and my physiology, it's a balancing act between reducing bubble load post dive, but not pushing to far so as to exhaust my CNS from the oxygen exposure.

Not to derail the topic, but I guess we may as well discuss useful things in addition to my original question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom