Rebreather Diving On Kona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You talked to the wrong people at JDL (Jacks Diving Locker). Unless something has changed recently, they have full CCR support, and lots of Sofnoline and any trimix you want.
Zach Follis is their CCR instructor.

JDL no longer offering CCR classes but I'm pretty sure they still support CCR divers on island, but no PP blending which I found odd (insurance purposes I think).

Asheron is on point though, Joe Weston is the man to see. Pretty sure he is the only one they allow to do o2 fills.

BISR is great for what he offers, right now he's out of O2 and always takes a while to get more bottles but he does PP blending, no HE though.

JDL no longer offering CCR classes but I'm pretty sure they still support CCR divers on island, but no PP blending which I found odd (insurance purposes I think).

Asheron is on point though, Joe Weston is the man to see. Pretty sure he is the only one they allow to do o2 fills.

BISR is great for what he offers, right now he's out of O2 and always takes a while to get more bottles but he does PP blending, no HE though.
You are correct Sir, I contacted Zach after reading your reply, and again what you say is true! I see less CCR shops in the places I dive, it’s really sad!

You are correct Sir, I contacted Zach after reading your reply, and again what you say is true! I see less CCR shops in the places I dive, it’s really sad!
Yeah its a real PITA. Was going to get my breather cert on the Sidewinder with Zach toward the end of last year. But then my partner and I bought a house out here, so that was put on the back burner. So, I am relegated to doing OC tech dives at the moment. Which is what makes BISR more appealing to me, as I can get PP blended gasses and the ease of use for Kama'aina (locals).

I "think" Zach is still offering classes on the sidewinder, but not through JDL. He's still doing other certs through them though at least from what I know.

I have a couple 40's I need to pick up from Jack's in the next few days, so I'll have a chat with them and update the thread with what I can find out. Anyone that's reading this in the future and need's updated info, feel free to shoot me a DM. I lurk around on SB pretty frequently and always happy to help out fellow divers.

Yeah its a real PITA. Was going to get my breather cert on the Sidewinder with Zach toward the end of last year. But then my partner and I bought a house out here, so that was put on the back burner. So, I am relegated to doing OC tech dives at the moment. Which is what makes BISR more appealing to me, as I can get PP blended gasses and the ease of use for Kama'aina (locals).

I "think" Zach is still offering classes on the sidewinder, but not through JDL. He's still doing other certs through them though at least from what I know.

I have a couple 40's I need to pick up from Jack's in the next few days, so I'll have a chat with them and update the thread with what I can find out. Anyone that's reading this in the future and need's updated info, feel free to shoot me a DM. I lurk around on SB pretty frequently and always happy to help out fellow divers.
You are on the Big Island, looks like I tried correcting the wrong guy, Lol! Is there any CCR support on Maui?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom