Re-purposed condemned SCUBA tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I knew you Russians were BIG ! But I didn't think you were big enough to use these HP cylinders as SCUBA tanks.

Years ago my neighbor was an an ex professional football player - Big Pete Baralac - the "Mad Russian !"
And He WAS BIG !

And Yes he was the father of the comedian on Americas got Talent also named Baralac

Eagerly as always looking forward to your interesting post-

Sam Miller ,III

6a00d8341c795b53ef0120a500553d970b-pi.jpg

5905213860_defcf1dd29.jpg

$.jpg

$.jpg

$.jpg

$.jpg

I am using my wife's old Luxfer alum 63 for a project. I do some painting now and then out in my shop so I am building a moisture removal filter for my shop compressor. I just drilled out the valve today. I will post some pics along the way....

@Nathan Doty

Congratulations -- a fine looking SCUBA bell !
But
Purple ? (The Royal Purple of Tyre? )
Or a favorite color of some one? (aka Wife?)
Or only paint avalaivable ?
Or Undercoat ?

Another congratulations - you have the proportions of the dive flag approximately correct- as established and universally agreed upon by the diving community way back in 1960-- about 59 years ago
5 units wide X 4 units high X 1 unit white strips

Let us see more of your handy work

Sam Miller, 111

At Little Cayman Beach Resort they paint old tanks in bright colors and use them as decorative ornaments around the property.

LCBR_tanks.jpg

LCBR_tanks2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom