re gopro hero3 black edition lighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Talk to Backscatter or ReefPhoto for a package deal.

Backscatter even pre-assembled the Sola to Loc-line kit and made sure everything fit before shipping.

Top Notch service from them.

Backscatter even pre-assembled the Sola to Loc-line kit and made sure everything fit before shipping.

thanks rocky
still no reply from light and motion except they got the email
i will check out backscatter for sure

---------- Post added January 31st, 2013 at 06:41 PM ----------

Ok Reefphoto was reletively cheaper then light and motion, bought two sola2000 lights, and complete tray and arms and connectors. Was easy to use.

Thanks Rocky, now can ya lend me a couple bucks for a coffee. LOL :D

Glad to help melt down another persons Visa Card.

you'll have no regrets at all. SWEET choice on the Sola 2000's. Go big, or go home.

enjoy!

what arms, how long are they I like 'em LONG? Spread your beam(s) wide, as you don't want to illuminate the water right in front of the lens port.

ReefPhoto has been great to me also, and has $1000's of dollars on my visa card over the years. (at least I get airline miles so all those points add up!)

Glad to help melt down another persons Visa Card.

you'll have no regrets at all.

enjoy!

what arms, how long are they I like 'em LONG? Spread your beam(s) wide, as you don't want to illuminate the water right in front of the lens port.

ReefPhoto has been great to me also, and has $1000's of dollars on my visa card over the years.

Oh man, never thought about the length LOL Light & Motion Video Mount & D-Ring Combo Kit 35 each, is what I got. Damn do I need arms still?

---------- Post added January 31st, 2013 at 07:09 PM ----------

Well I ordered the arm and tray also. Hope I needed it, hard to return this stuff LOL

I've got the same setup (but Sola 600's), same tray - it is tiny, 7" wide overall, great little lightweight setup for travelling. The arms will put the lights about 8-10" max either side of the camera, just enough, could be a bit longer but then it starts getting less compact so where do you stop. I fixed the bottom 4 joints and put rubber bike handgrips over them to make 2 handles. Here it is with 2 joints missing on each side, have since extended them to the full length they came with. You can always add more locline if you want.

8143693093_fa4f68064a_c.jpg

Nice job, looks good. I just hope I have everything I need to put it together, Feb 25th im in roataan and need it to work. Hope the delivery is quick so I can test them out.

Anyone know how they respond to an underwater metal detector, was thinking of using for a couple shore dives to test it out. Havent had a chance to use it yet. Too many hobbies eh LOL

Back
Top Bottom