re: air intergrated dive computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I wouldn't give to live in a climate where I could dive year round without worrying about freezing.

Nice digs Seajay! If you ever up this way, stop in for some poutine and Tim Bits.

(It always make me laugh that they don't know what Tim Bits are!!):D

Tim Horton's or "Timmys" as most Canadian's call it, is a donut shop. It is named after a Canadian Hockey player who owned it at one time. He was killed in a car accident years ago.

In almost every village, town or city in Canada we have at least one "Timmys" most have two or three.

Tim Bits are the same as "donut holes"

We have great Poutine here too, It's one of the reasons along with "Timmys" that I'm called BIG Jim :D

Hahahahahahaaa!!!

We have something like that... It's called "Krispy Kreme." :D

Do y'all have Krispy Kremes where you are?

Hey, don't look now, but I think we hijacked this thread. :D

Doppler once bubbled...
Divedude... you seem to be working under a false assumption... I can assure you that SeaJay is NOT A YANKEE! And you may get yourself into deep water if you keep referring to him as such. He is a Southerner... If you wish to keep things here civil, may I respectfully suggest either: Southern Gentleman or -- if he gets rowdy -- Cracker :)

And in case you've never tried them, BOILED PEANUTS go very well with CANADIAN BEER... now that's a blending of cultures!

Take care...

I know a southern Gentleman when I see one! But he inplyed that we were yankee's. I felt insulted and would have slapped him with my gloveand called for a duel.........BUT it was to damm cold to take my glove off :wacko:

SeaJay once bubbled...
Hahahahahahaaa!!!

We have something like that... It's called "Krispy Kreme." :D

Do y'all have Krispy Kremes where you are?

Hey, don't look now, but I think we hijacked this thread. :D

Dive Computers to donuts, in Canada that's not a hijack, it's a conversation. They tried to bring Krispy Kreme to Canada but........
No one would leave "Timmys" long enough to try them.

I do like Krispy Kreme though, my job used to take me to South Carolina every week.

Dive Source once bubbled...
Add this to the fact that out of well over 100 cobras we sold in the last 18 months, we have not had one return or failure reported to us, which impressed the heck out of me. (The Sherwood Wisdom and the Oceanic Pro2 are also good units and have preformed as well)

It would be interesting to hear from other shop owners on this board about their experiances with computer reliabilty and what type of of problems they have had (if any). I think it is much lower than many would think.

Hope this helps with your decision.

I speak from personal experience that they can and do fail. I ended up sending mine back and getting Vytecs, but have a backup SPG on my hip.

Kimber

Doppler once bubbled...

Re-read what Tom told you... all you need to know is right there.

Steve Lewis

Agreed - and I might add: if you do get a computer, keep analyzing your dives with your tables as you log them - iow do not lose touch with your tables.

TekDive Girl said:
I speak from personal experience that they can and do fail. I ended up sending mine back and getting Vytecs, but have a backup SPG on my hip.

Just to clarify - I was not suggesting that they never fail but from a purely statistical viewpoint based on our sample group, the reliability of the Cobras we have sold has been stunningly good.

Better in fact than some manufacturers analog gauges ( ie SPG and depth gauges)

This thread has certainly taken enough twists and turns far from the simple question Wanda asked about the quality of the Cobra.

And by the way another name for Timbits is Fat pills - LOL

Perhaps we could also start a thread on how Timmy's is now using frozen donuts and how they suck compared to what they used to taste like. ;-0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom