'Rattler at Valhalla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dude... we had a Time up at Valhalla Missile Silo this weekend.
It was a small group and the weather, with lots of Sun and very little wind was great too so things were just down right wonderful.
If you have been there then you know what's up but here is something new...

I found the first Rattle Snake that has ever been found by anybody down in the silo ( or thats what Phill says :crafty: )
I've been bit by a Rattle Snake before and so I suppose they are just attracted to me.

I was 5 stories down there in the old command center that is now a pre/post dive staging area all by myself making sure I had not left anything and "" BAM~SNAP "" I lit him up !!! :11:

Alive and very,, very P'ed off at me !!

So....
I brought it home and now have him all pinned to a board including the head :D
It's no record 'Rattler but it's over 3 feet sans the head :wink:

I got lucky this time...
I think I'll use the skin as an inflator hose cover :14:
Pictures to follow soon I hope.

Snakes, regulators, and weight belts oh my! Great crowd this weekend, and I gotta get some pics developed as well.

Holy smokes, Frank! Sounds way cool...It's the little things that happen on dive trips that make the experience that much more unique. How's that for spin?

It was a good outing!

At 105 ft., I took on an extra 20 pounds or so of weight. Stupid weight belt from 'way above' almost hit me in the head. I tried to be kind and retrieve it; but only made to about 60 ffw before I gave up. Frank assisted me in that ascent. Ted, I believe carried the 20 lb. albatross from 60 ft. up to 15 ft. I am not sure who brought it to the surface.

No one had a lift bag! Go figure.
JR

Sounds like you guys had too much fun. Looking forward to your pictures.

Did it look anything like this?

Ginnie.jpg

airshare.jpg

Willie

wet-willie:
Sounds like you guys had too much fun. Looking forward to your pictures.

Did it look anything like this?

Ginnie.jpg

airshare.jpg

Willie

Willie.... I did not make this SILO trek...but it looks alot like those pics of yours---LOL!!!!

PS---great snaps of you in Florida.....were is your trek report??? :)

richerso:
It was a good outing!

At 105 ft., I took on an extra 20 pounds or so of weight. Stupid weight belt from 'way above' almost hit me in the head. I tried to be kind and retrieve it; but only made to about 60 ffw before I gave up. Frank assisted me in that ascent. Ted, I believe carried the 20 lb. albatross from 60 ft. up to 15 ft. I am not sure who brought it to the surface.

No one had a lift bag! Go figure.
JR

John, I bet you thought --- What the HEL_!!!

TwoBitTxn:
Frank, how did you kill it?

Glad you didn't get popped (again).

TwoBit

I'm glad I didn't get popped again either ! That was no fun.

The guy that owns the Silo ( Phil is his name I believe) Has a snake stick with a grabber on the end of it. He held the snake with that while he "Shortened it a couple of Inches" whith a long piece of steel :D

Did y'all party late in the metropolis of Abilene?

Did they ever get that water heater installed in the silo like we requested last year?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom