Rain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to worry. Just got back a week ago and there was plenty of rain. Dove in the mornings, ate and drank in the afternoons. Nearly all the bars and cantinas have some form of roof on them so whether you go in May or Dec the game remains the same. If you get weathered out get into town ASAP. Theres just as much adventure above the waves too. Have fun.

So the forecast for next week looks pretty rainy.
Can anyone tell me if that most likely means "rain all day, no beach for you" or more "it's the tropics, it rains everyday, it will be gone in an hour" type rain?

I know that I'm already wet underwater, so rain is unlikely to effect my diving, I'm just trying to figure out how the rest of the vacation will go :)

I was there in September for a rainy week. There were torrential rains in Cozumel on Friday. I hopped on the ferry to Playa, and spent the day in the sun. Probably not the most economical solution if you want to beach it every day, but it was well worth it for the one day. Hung out at Fusion for the day on one of the chaise lounges. Free chairs, free wifi, on the beach, with food and beverage at the ready. My second favorite place on earth ... after Cozumel of course. :)

Diving in the rain is awesome. Shoreside...not so much, but like you say it's the tropics. We got here Saturday, lil rain. Sunday, Ironman day, fine till about 4 when it came down torrentially. Yesterday was fine, today mucho sol!

Here's something from today to take your mind off the rain :wink:

I haven't been to Coz during November/December. But I did go to Roatan in November of 2008. There were times of Rain, but it didn't last long. The other difference is: It's not like Rain in the Pacific Northwest (or Iowa) I would venture to guess. The daily temps are still in the 70's and when it rains... It's not that frigid stuff we get up north. It's almost warm actually. You will see all the locals headed for shelter when the sky opens up. I just stood out on the beach in shorts and T-shirt and was just fine. Actually one time we came up from a dive and it was pouring... I didn't even know it when I was 60 feet down.

We were there in the first of October and it rained almost everyday. However everyday may have been for an hour during the afternoon or for several hours after the sun set. We didn't experience anything prolonged nor did we have any diving cancelled due to weather, hope this helps.

Dont look at rain %, look at wind strength and direction, rain does not close the port but wind will.

Dont look at rain %, look at wind strength and direction, rain does not close the port but wind will.

I'm not worried about the diving. I'm worried about the rest of the vacation.
Wind forecasts look okay for now (I know those might change too). Rain does not. It appears to be predicted as very heavy rain... but I really have my fingers crossed for just a few hours a day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom