Rain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skittl1321

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So the forecast for next week looks pretty rainy.
Can anyone tell me if that most likely means "rain all day, no beach for you" or more "it's the tropics, it rains everyday, it will be gone in an hour" type rain?

I know that I'm already wet underwater, so rain is unlikely to effect my diving, I'm just trying to figure out how the rest of the vacation will go :)

Best to not look at forecasts.

Last year when we went forecast was rain everyday also and it only rained all day the one day. So hopefully that holds true this year also.

This doesn't directly address your "beach" question, but as far as diving goes, keep in mind that even if it's not raining it might be cloudy, so try to keep warm on your surface intervals. You're correct that you're already wet underwater, but the surface intervals are where you get chilled. The first week in December 2012 in Cozumel we had on-and-off rain almost every day and lots of clouds, and it got chilly on the surface intervals.

Heck it rains a little everyday in the tropics.

Yep, and I acknowledged that in my original question :)

It's like Disney World where they turn the rain machines on at 3:00.

---------- Post added December 3rd, 2013 at 03:05 PM ----------

This doesn't directly address your "beach" question, but as far as diving goes, keep in mind that even if it's not raining it might be cloudy, so try to keep warm on your surface intervals. You're correct that you're already wet underwater, but the surface intervals are where you get chilled.

I have plans to bring a fleece and a raincoat. If I get cold the first day, I'll show up the second in pajama pants :)

I have plans to bring a fleece and a raincoat. If I get cold the first day, I'll show up the second in pajama pants :)

And I will get that right out on Facebook for you....

Last year on the day it rained I heard some of the divers talking about all the Eels were out so rain could be a plus for us hopefully it will be just a few storms here and there though !!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom