Rabbit Island Local Divers Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rabbit (Manana) Island is amazing. The far side is rough and the dropoff is sheer, deep blue. The Makapuu side is maybe 30-40ft and very clear; lots of turtles. The interior of the island is just withered grass with a few dead, bald coconut trees. Lots of ground nests/burrows. The island was apparently used for range practice from the Makapuu emplacements and spent .50cal bullets can be found everywhere on the shelf around the "nose". Mongo-sized opihi! Surfers occasionally make it out to the tail-end for some sessions. Several years ago, I went out on a kayak with a group who had secured permission to land -- packed along mask, fins, and snorkel of course.

Whats the info on the drop-off? How deep etc?

Very deep, all the way to the bottom.

PS. Alex wouldn't shut up about his new Auto-pilot.

he never shuts up about anything...but I trained him not to say dirty words and if he talks to loud we turn up the music.... (hi Alex) Bring kibble...he is compliant for the right food.

"she" would not be able to do that dive.

But Cheryl, his GF is an excellent diver.

I went once but can't remember too much about where exactly, so we may need to invite bluemagoo as a logistics guest.....now that we know who he is not...if he knows the hui, we should all cozy up.

No talk about money here as we are special. maybe 2-3 times club rate to cover fuel.
not cheap but not a killing either. Will be an all day thing....we need flat water. I would say 50-50 chance.

It would be worth it just to find out who bluemagoo realy is. SO are we looking at any time in the very near future?

Throw me on that one... but it all depends on the baby.

Couldn't we just rent a boat from Kaneohe? Faster and cheaper one would think.

catherine96821:
I went once but can't remember too much about where exactly, so we may need to invite bluemagoo as a logistics guest.....

Logistics is secondary. I want him to demonstrate his method of getting the butter knife under the opihi fast enough to pop them off the rocks. Or do the pros not use butter knives - maybe they've got a secret tool.

Wildcard:
Very deep, all the way to the bottom.

And how deep would that be, O' wise one?

Don't you mean "Wise ***** one"?
Butter knifes are too dull, ya gotta get under the lip and pop em before they can suck down. A regular knife or a small putty knife work well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom