R190

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xizang

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
How do I remove Cover on the second stage? some small pebbles went inside and I want to get it out. do I have to take out the Pin (34) first or does the cover unscrew easily?

yes, either use a dental pick to pull out the pin, or press the purge valve and push the pin out from the inside. The front cover then unscrews quite easily.

The front cover then sometimes unscrews quite easily. At other times, they have salt or silt in the threads that an make them difficult to remove.

It's a standard right hand (left loosey/righty tighty) thread. Soaking in warm water can help loosen any deposits that may impede removal.

When reinstalling the cover be sure the diaphragm and mating surfaces are dry. If they are wet, the diaphragm can slip off the lip slightly causing it to leak.

Be sure to cap the inlet on the first stage securely with the dust cap and then try to inhale through the second stage. You should not be able to get any air at all. If you get a slight amount and/or hear any squeaking of air entering somewhere in the second stage, you have a leak that you need to fix before you go dive.

DA Aquamaster:
The front cover then sometimes unscrews quite easily. At other times, they have salt or silt in the threads that an make them difficult to remove.

It's a standard right hand (left loosey/righty tighty) thread. Soaking in warm water can help loosen any deposits that may impede removal.

When reinstalling the cover be sure the diaphragm and mating surfaces are dry. If they are wet, the diaphragm can slip off the lip slightly causing it to leak.

Be sure to cap the inlet on the first stage securely with the dust cap and then try to inhale through the second stage. You should not be able to get any air at all. If you get a slight amount and/or hear any squeaking of air entering somewhere in the second stage, you have a leak that you need to fix before you go dive.

inlet on the first stage? Im planning to open only the second stage. Whats the "Po." no. of the inlet on the diagram?

I think DA Aquamaster means the part where you attach the regulator to the tank. Put the dust cap on like you do when you store the regulator. Then, if you suck on the mouthpiece and hear or feel any air movement, there is a leak in the second stage. The diaphragm may not be properly seated.

Back
Top Bottom