R.I. Couple Finds Rare Pearl in Clam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is why I prefer to eat whole scallops so I know I am actually eating a mollusk.
*refrains from commenting on Hooters :rolleyes:*

I catch my own scallops, so I know that they are scallops. I also got a 10 pound 6 oz Spiney Lobster this season, fed eight people, and two cats. I can dive without a drysuit all year long, and found a gold coin on a wreck this year. And while I don't get quahogs, my ten Pismos were all over 6 in. across the shell. And Hooters does have good oysters.

Take that, New England!

(Still love you in the Cousteau cap, Gidds!)

Ok what is the point of taking huge lobsters (clawed or otherwise)? Don't they taste terrible? I prefer 1.5-2 pounders and here in RI there is no max limit so I know people do take the huge ones. Why? Is this a guy thing so I don't get it?
What's wrong with drysuits? :mad: What other tasty mollusks do you left coast folks have to brag about besides geoducks anyway?

ive herd of dogfish being used for scallops also. dont know how true that is
and i also like the smaller legal sized lobsters.. the bigget ones are like eatin rubber, .. dog usualy get them.........

So why TAKE the big ones if you're just giving them to the dog or does the dog really enjoy them? If I were a resident and were allowed to lobster I'd leave the big ones since they really don't have any natural enemies.

i dont take anything im not gonna eat...
i just share with the dog......

There is this one lobster that is on my Fecal Scroll. It's at Ft. Wetherell and it has built this FORTRESS under this HUGE rock and it was IMPERTINENT enough to wiggle it's antennae at me in a SAUCY manner and then certain people, who shall remain nameless, scared it way back under the rock before I could make a good grab for it. Anyway I can't tell if it's a keeper or an egger without getting out from under the rock and I WILL get it out!

tell me where it is ill go taste it for ya.. and let ya know if its any good

No way that lobster is mine! $10 says it is sublegal or an egger. I WILL get it out of that hole though!

so that new suit hasnt gotten wet yet? whats up with that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom