Quickest path to deco diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scoobert

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I asked the local PADI shop, and was told "deep diver" was the intro to DECO.

I went home and was researching the course, and found this was incorrect.....

I am never going to do cave diving, but would like to do some of the very deep wreck dives beyond 130 but less than 180.

TDI Advanced Nitrox combined with Deco Procedures and Helitrox should do the trick. An alternative might be IANTD Advanced Recreational Trimix. If your dive count is correct they each might want to see some more dives, and perhaps Deep and Nitrox prior to your enrolling.

TDI Advanced Nitrox combined with Deco Procedures and Helitrox should do the trick. An alternative might be IANTD Advanced Recreational Trimix. If your dive count is correct they each might want to see some more dives, and perhaps Deep and Nitrox prior to your enrolling.

Just grabbed my nitrox this week.

I did small commercial and small recovery for years. No idea on the dive count :p
Never logged a dive until my last vacation.
Going to be doing 2-4 a month for the rest of this year, so I want to work on the path.
Anything inside padi, or do I need to get into other organizations?

I asked the local PADI shop, and was told "deep diver" was the intro to DECO.

I went home and was researching the course, and found this was incorrect.....

I am never going to do cave diving, but would like to do some of the very deep wreck dives beyond 130 but less than 180.
Hah! I also said I would never do cave diving. 🤣😂

Quickest path? That’s not a good way to look at it.

I am trying to avoid trimix if I can. Just air and deco bottles.

Anything inside padi, or do I need to get into other organizations?
The standard answer is to choose the instructor, not the agency. That being said, I would look at TDI or IANTD before PADI. Deep air has definitely gone out of favor, for good reasons.

Hah! I also said I would never do cave diving. 🤣😂

Well I have been to the sign for the cave entry, and nothing looked fun beyond that.

:wink:

As to quickest path, I don't see deco on air being that big of a deal. I mean, two computers, a max depth of 180, and follow the computers beeps :p JK, but I just don't see much of a big deal beyond a comprehension of deco calculations.. and I am sure there are added nitrogen narcosis effects that are seen at those depths.

Air at 150 feet? I'm not trimix trained yet either, but doesn't sound prudent to me.
My understanding is 187 is the max on 21%?

Well I have been to the sign for the cave entry, and nothing looked fun beyond that.

:wink:

As to quickest path, I don't see deco on air being that big of a deal. I mean, two computers, a max depth of 180, and follow the computers beeps :p JK, but I just don't see much of a big deal beyond a comprehension of deco calculations.. and I am sure there are added nitrogen narcosis effects that are seen at those depths.
🤦‍♀️

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom