http://www.diveheart.org/

Quick Survey!! regarding the development of an Automated BCD (please fill it out :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone! I'm part of a team of Yale students working on a project regarding the potential development of an automatic BCD. We would love to hear about your experiences with current dive technology. Your feedback would greatly help our research.

Would you be willing to share your thoughts in THIS short 5-minute survey?

Thank you so much for your time and help!!!

Here's the link as well:

Automated how?

What is "Option 1" as a question?

Typos in your survey: "Do you manage to get to neutral buoyancy EASILY at the beginning of the dive EASILY?"

You only need ONE "easily."

One question asks you to click all the equipment you own, including a BCD. The next question ask if you own your own BCD.

I would suggest you polish this up a bit before publishing it.

Good survey. The "stressful events" question could probably be answered "yes" by every diver-- ei. who has NEVER been at least a little lost or lost contact with a buddy? I answered "no" because I didn't consider these odd times to be really stressful.
The tables vs. computer. I use tables for very shallow dives (30'/10m)--why wet the computer? and both for deep dives. But you can't check both answers.

The problem with a survey like this is that it is assumes that buoyancy control is the number one problem, and that the solution is an automatic BCD. It is a survey looking for confirmation rather than insights. It does not appear to have been carefully proofread, much less vetted by someone disinterested in a particular result. I understand that students need to gather information to substantiate their projects, but clearly these students need more guidance about how best to do that. That is much of what being a student is all about; learning how to do things. This feedback is harsh; perhaps it will ring some bells.

The problem with a survey like this is that it is assumes that buoyancy control is the number one problem, and that the solution is an automatic BCD. It is a survey looking for confirmation rather than insights. It does not appear to have been carefully proofread, much less vetted by someone disinterested in a particular result. I understand that students need to gather information to substantiate their projects, but clearly these students need more guidance about how best to do that. That is much of what being a student is all about; learning how to do things. This feedback is harsh; perhaps it will ring some bells.
It's like two surveys, not only is the OP gathering info from the google doc survey, but they can also have everyone and their brother tell them how they can do it better on Scubaboard...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom