Student doing research - need quick help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which medicine did you try and how did you take it?
I took Dramamine, not exactly sure how much, I usually follow the directions. Is there any other that work better?

This ^^^ would be so useful. Thanks to @KenGordon for mentioning it.

Thank you so much for the feedback! In the first design mock up, I had "Historical Data", as well as "14 day forecast" on the bottom of the screen, not since I got a lot of "It's very busy" feedback (not from experienced divers but other sports), I'll be including both links in the three dots at the top. The intention is to have history searchable by year & month.

The thing that annoys me about every weather app is that I cannot see the past claims. For diving I want to know what the weather was over the previous few days. Was their a lot of wind in a particular direction? Will the vis be awful?

Also, if it was actually snowing yesterday but the app says it was 20C I’d like to know.

Hi and thank you for the reply! Very useful point about the previous few days. This is only a "mock up" and all data is completely made up. It's very wishful thinking, since it's rather cold here in VA as well.

If you could incorporate information from the various almanacs around the world you would be onto something. However, the cost of accessing the information would probably make the app financially unattractive.

Ideally, if this was ever made into an app (husband thinks there's potential haha) this would be an important business cost. My objective is to design a product that is useful and desirable, based on real findings. So I plan to have such information under the "Guides" tab menu on the bottom (searchable by sport, location, interest, etc). Users will be able to save guides & articles to their favorites. To offset the cost, local dive shops might be offered a listing of equipment rental further down the location weather page - it won't be like ads, just a listing of services or number to call & book.

I took Dramamine, not exactly sure how much, I usually follow the directions. Is there any other that work better?

Normally suggested to take the night before and another in the morning, as well as ginger candies and watching the horizon rather than focusing closer, for instance looking at part of the boat rising and falling is unwise.

I was wondering if Scopolamine patches behind your ear, might work better for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom