Questions on ScubaPro Jetfins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. From previous comments here, size 10.5 shoe, with XL jetfins = size L spring straps?

Again, it depends on the boots you're sticking in them.

That's most likely going to work, but if you have a particularly large boot it may not. I'll have to look what my boots that don't fit the XLs are.

Sadly, most divers will never know the joy of a great set of fins.

I know!! I keep trying to get divers to demo fins, but it seems that most divers are apathetic to any fins other than what they already have purchased....

GThe spring straps are definitely my next gear upgrade. From previous comments here, size 10.5 shoe, with XL jetfins = size L spring straps?

Glad you like your jets :)! Just wait till you learn all the precision kicking techniques - frog, helicopter, back kick, etc :)!

Try putting your boot on and slide your foot into the pocket. Take a piece of cord and measure behind the foot from strap attachment to attachment. Subtract enough for some spring tension. This measurement should be a pretty good indicator of the right spring size.

Brands vary in length. Piranha offers a good value: Fin Spring Straps

The spring straps are definitely my next gear upgrade. From previous comments here, size 10.5 shoe, with XL jetfins = size L spring straps?

I would say it depends on what boot you're wearing, and the exact length of the spring straps. I'm 10.5 to 11 in shoe sizing and started with an XL Jet with a 12" spring strap that was solid on both wet and dry boots. However, I've since decided the 10" spring strap is tighter without being too tight and have gone down to that size.

Process from one retailer's site (led me to the 12" strap, so maybe drop down 2" rather than the 1"):
How to select the proper size
  • Remove your existing fin strap from your fins.
  • Insert your foot into the fin pocket while wearing your boot.
  • Measure from the attachment point on one side of the fin, around your heel, to the attachment point on the other side.
  • Choose the Spring Strap with an overall length that is approximately 1" shorter then this measured distance.

If you have 10.5 to 11.5 5mm boots with soles, Jet XL with large straps is my guess.

N

Good find, not too terribly expensive. I see that a Size "M" will fit my feet/fins from a user review. Maybe later, this has been a spendy week for me...

Be carefu M is tiny, I wears 6.5US 5mm wetsuit boot and the M was way too small, went with the L.

^^ yep, they come in 'tiny', 'usable by most' and 'hotdog down a hallway'.

I seem to recall them adding a new size smaller than a house, but don't know much about them.

I don't knowhow long is a L spring strap. But XL herding & 10.5 size boot definitely call for 12" strap. I wear size 8.5 wet boot, 10" strap is too short.

Check out spring strap from piranha. I like it better than XS and Halcyon. Price is better too.

I crossed my finger and hit "add to cart" on the Large size straps. Thanks guys for the tips!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom