Questions on ScubaPro Jetfins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krukster86

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have noticed that SubaPro Jet fins seems to be the “end-all” fin for a lot of divers, and I have seen them used a lot when I dive with older, experienced divers. I have 16 dives under my belt and I am interested in snagging a pair. I am a competitive swimmer, so I think I do have the leg strength for these fins. I wear a size 10.5 shoe so I think I would be looking at a XL (with wetsuit diving boots)? Are there places that sell them with spring straps already installed or does this only happen on used pairs on eBay?

XL should be fine unless you have mondo boots. I have a set of really thick wetsuit boots that won't fit my XLs, yet putting then in my XXLs is like throwing a pebble into the ocean.

Some shops may add springs, but it's not OEM. Techdivinglimited.com carries some Jet copies that come with springs.

XL should be fine unless you have mondo boots. I have a set of really thick wetsuit boots that won't fit my XLs, yet putting then in my XXLs is like throwing a pebble into the ocean.

Some shops may add springs, but it's not OEM. Techdivinglimited.com carries some Jet copies that come with springs.

Cool, I think I will aim for the XL's. What is the quality of those Jet copies? Do the sizes run true compared to the Jets? The price of those sounds like a good deal!

I don't know about them specifically, but really it's rubber, so it should hold up pretty well. The difference between Jets and the other kinds I've seen (turtles, rockets, f1s) tends to be stiffness.

You may also consider some OMS split streams there pretty much a 99.9% repica of the jets, only lighter and stiffer. ether or will work great, some people that care alot about trim tend to pick the one that helps them stay horizontal easiest. but as far as i can tell both work the same.

I've got F1's and Jets. Like them both, only dove the jets a few times though. I've been using the F1's lately and will continue for a couple more months then go to the Jets and try them out for 6 months or so. One of the things I do like over the Jets is that the F1's come with spring straps OEM. So far, that's the only difference I can tell.

I've got F1's and Jets. Like them both, only dove the jets a few times though. I've been using the F1's lately and will continue for a couple more months then go to the Jets and try them out for 6 months or so. One of the things I do like over the Jets is that the F1's come with spring straps OEM. So far, that's the only difference I can tell.

They (F1s) also cost about a pair of spring straps more than Jets :p

They (F1s) also cost about a pair of spring straps more than Jets :p

Not necessarily. I got mine for $150 out the door at the LDS. Jets were $120 + $60 spring straps. At the same time, that's the cheapest I've ever seen F1's so I'm going to say I got lucky.

I was just going by a quick web search.

YMMV

159 for the F-1's at LP and at Scubatoys. Or if you can wear an XXL they have some blems for 99 bucks. Looking at the photos the blem is hard to spot. Want to see blems? Ask for pics of my prototype yellow tips! Looks like a 5 yr old with the shakes the drew the yellow on. But who gives a rat's butt? They work and that's all that matters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom