Questions about Little Cayman Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danpass

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
How is the weather in the off-season (hurricane-on season) on average? What are the odds of a TS or Hurr in August historically? lol

I see $799 all in. Is that ALLLLLLLLL in? Dive, tanks, all food, snacks, room service, etc? edit: just saw that it's based on double occupancy. I've sent an email.

Is 3 NTS = 4 days of diving?

How many flights would I be paying for? Miami to GC then separate Otter flight to LC?

How is it for a single person?

When you went what did you forget that you really wish you had?

thanks

hahaha

so there is 93% chance of a storm on Sept 10 every year lol

hahaha

so there is 93% chance of a storm on Sept 10 every year lol

We(group of 24) went to Cayman Brac last mid-September----& had a great trip, both diving & weather wise.........Think about this too, 20 of the 24 were from Louisiana!!!--wife & I included......, maybe we were trying to get away from our storms.......:)

Life is a gamble, I'd go for it personally..good luck & let us know what you decide on...(you'll have a great time IMO)

EDIT:...CB is only 5 miles from LC & you do need an 'extra' flight from Grand Cayman into LC---the runway is too short for jets.....BUT, to CB, it's a direct jet flight out of Miami to there---they have a LONG runway...

BTW, we were in LC a few years ago(both times stayed @ Beach Resort--they are owned by the same family) & the diving IMO is a little better in LC.....

---Pics/videos from that trip are found in this link---they have 'CBrac' in their sub-album titles on the right side of the page..
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/GEAUXtiger/

Last edited:
3 nights = 2.5 dive days. 2 full days (3 boat dives each) and 2 boat dives morning of last day before you leave. Includes 3 meals, not room service or snacks.

Cayman Airways flies out of Miami. They are the only airline offering service onwards to LC so might as well fly with them.

You might wish you left more stuff at home. LC is very laid back. Dive gear, swimsuit, a few t-shirts and a couple pairs of shorts. That's enough.

Assuming no Tropical Storm, weather generally is light ESE winds with highs in the mid to upper 80s and lows in the upper 70s to around 80. Chance of rain 20% every day for brief but intense showers.

In our trips to LC and CB during hurricane season, if there wasn't a tropical system nearby, the weather was awesome for diving...light winds and glass flat seas. We had one trip postponed because Ivan hit the day we were supposed to fly in, and one trip where we lost one dive day to high seas from a storm passing south of the Caymans. Other than that, we have had very good experiences during hurricane season. One thing to ask Reef Fantaseas (booking agent for LCBR) about is what will be open. We were there last year in September and the Spa was closed. They claimed it was for remodeling, but I suspect it was just closed for low season. So if you are looking to do anything other than dive, you might make sure it will be open...quite a few places seem to close down during the peak of the hurricane season.

In our trips to LC and CB during hurricane season, if there wasn't a tropical system nearby, the weather was awesome for diving...light winds and glass flat seas. We had one trip postponed because Ivan hit the day we were supposed to fly in, and one trip where we lost one dive day to high seas from a storm passing south of the Caymans. Other than that, we have had very good experiences during hurricane season. One thing to ask Reef Fantaseas (booking agent for LCBR) about is what will be open. We were there last year in September and the Spa was closed. They claimed it was for remodeling, but I suspect it was just closed for low season. So if you are looking to do anything other than dive, you might make sure it will be open...quite a few places seem to close down during the peak of the hurricane season.

Aggiediver----just have to say(sorry for tripping this thread)--------GEAUX TIGERS........

I work for a company headquartered in Baton Rouge. So I can assure you that I have already been "welcomed" to the SEC. But thanks and Gig 'Em! Looking forward to playing y'all again.

I was there in June with a group of 16. What is included in the price depends on the package you buy. Look into the fine print. Some packages includes the food, some packages do not. The food was wonderful, to say the least. I agree, 3 nights= 2.5 days of diving. We flew delta to GC & then the hopper to LC. Book the hopper early, it fills up fast. I am a single female & roomed with another single female in our group. We got along fine & made great dive buddies (except when I had to teach some specialties- but she was aware beforehand that this would happen). I didn't forget anything. In fact, I brought extra regualtors, hoses, tools & spare parts for those that did, or had issues with their gear. It is generally very quiet there, except for around the bar, when they had activities going on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom