Questions about Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Talking about the dive boats, I was under the impression that you were asigned to one boat all week. Can you actually decide each, day or each dive, which boat you want to take?

No you don't pick and choose dive boats each day....you are assigned to one boat for the week...however if you have some problem with the crew or people diving on the boat you can request reassignment to another boat and that request will normally be granted

Talking about the dive boats, I was under the impression that you were asigned to one boat all week. Can you actually decide each, day or each dive, which boat you want to take?

I'm sorry Steve...I was kind of vague in my post. In general, you are assigned to the same dive boat for the entire week. But in our case, we often stay at Fantasy Island for 8, 9, 10 or 14 days...it varies. So in this case, we might dive with the same guys for a whole week and then jump onto another boat for a day or two until it's time for us to leave - that's what I'm talking about. If there are circumstances like that, we just tip the "different" crew as we go along.

In general, most people arrive on Saturday and stay a week. We are not like "most people" :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Sounds cool. I'd rather not bring money to the boat every day if I can help it. Once at the end would be better.
Carry some. You may want to tip for special help, unless you want to track the guy down later. I had to buy a couple of things in the dive shop but charged that to my room with my credit card already on file.
On to another question. How does the orientation work? Can we do it on Saturday, the day we get there, so we are ready for the first boat dive on Sunday?
Yeah, should go that way. Some get upset that they can't dive the first afternoon but you'll get plenty of diving the next 6 days. Work at hydrating that afternoon as planes are so dehydrating. Take you C-card to orientation.

Snag, when I was there the orientation is 1- a speach about this and that and safe diving practices, 2- quick check on your C-cards, 3- get your weights for the week... The the first dive of the week is your check-out dive. basically an easy guided dive, where the DM checks you out quickly to see how you are.

Others can chime in if it has changed, but that's how is was when we were there...

What do they cover in the orientation? Is this a fill out paperwork, show you around where things are, and here are your weights? Should you plan on doing a dive "during orientation" - to get your weight correct? Should we plan on bringing our gear to orientation?

Snagel

Snag, when I was there the orientation is 1- a speach about this and that and safe diving practices, 2- quick check on your C-cards, 3- get your weights for the week... The the first dive of the week is your check-out dive. basically an easy guided dive, where the DM checks you out quickly to see how you are.

Others can chime in if it has changed, but that's how is was when we were there...

You got it... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom