question regarding Atomic SS1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splitlip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am considering installing an SS1 Alternate on my Zeagle. Somebody who uses one tells me when he purges the unit, some gas bleeds into the BCD bladder. Anybody else experience this? Isolated or maybe something that is typical to SS1 or other inflator alternates, although I don't recall it when I had a USD Air Source.
Thanks for input.
(I have used conventional octo, 2nd stage on necklace as well as the Air Source so am familiar with use and aware of pros and cons.)
Thanks again.

I don’t purge often (I’m a geek, should I?) but no bleed on a Seaquest Diva.

redrover:
I don’t purge often (I’m a geek, should I?) but no bleed on a Seaquest Diva.

Thanks Redrover.
I imagine if there was a problem I would have read about it somewhere on the board.
I am sure you're no geek, but I would be purging to inflate a DSMB.
S.

My son and I both have SS1 safe seconds (mine on a Zeagle Brigade and his on an Aeris Atmos XT), with Oceanic Delta 4 primaries. We have never encountered the problem that you described. The Atomic SS1 is a great product (other than it's odd surface level honking effect).

I have a SS1, really like it, and have never noticed a gas bleed problem.

Thanks all.
I'm sold.
Appreciate the feedback.

Splitlip:
I am considering installing an SS1 Alternate on my Zeagle. Somebody who uses one tells me when he purges the unit, some gas bleeds into the BCD bladder. Anybody else experience this? Isolated or maybe something that is typical to SS1 or other inflator alternates, although I don't recall it when I had a USD Air Source.
Thanks for input.
(I have used conventional octo, 2nd stage on necklace as well as the Air Source so am familiar with use and aware of pros and cons.)
Thanks again.
Maybe he's inadvertently hitting the inflate button too.

Pete

My SS1 is bulletproof -- on my Zeagle I have never had any problems. Sounds like your friend needs a rebuild or a lesson on which button is which :) In all seriousness, however, my only complaint is that all the buttons are the same color, leading to confusion when practicing rescue drills for example.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom