Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not the pee valve, the check valve.

I have side by side tested (blown through) multiple pee valves in shops and ones I have had in stock. The internal check valve as opposed to the big fat mushroom flapper valve on outside can have variances even in brand new valves, no matter who made them.

Check valves are something that sometimes need replacing. They can get stuck open, they can get stuck a bit closed... The resistance can vary, which is why i asked if she could check it.

JAX, are you going to be at Long Beach show? I can bring a couple extra of the little white plug sides down south with me so you can rinse your valve without the she-p hooked up. This way you can also blow through and see if there is excess resistance.

When Heleen and I were experimenting with different QD's we decided at end of day that the socket 'open all the time' and using a small white plug for when not hooked up was worth having a pee valve that was more readily cleaned. I ran the numbers once and actually white acetal plug and flow through Socket = less expensive than the Socket with built in stop.

I wish I were going to Long Beach. :depressed:

As for the P- / check- / balance- valve, I had DRIS install it when I bought the suit, so it is all what Light Monkey provided.

I have to point out that Arizona's lack of humidity sucks the life right out of rubber, so degraded hoses and valves are not unexpected.

Laura, do you have the hose and valve assy separate on your website? (It's blocked from work, so I can't look.)

I want to extend the weenis, as the current position gave me three separate pressure-caused cuts in tender skin! Ladies, keep that in mind when you configure - if your quick-disconnect is in the area of your crotch strap / waist belt, it can hurt! :shocked2:

I use an alcohol pad on me right before I install the She-P. This ensures I have no residual body oils or moisturizers. Yeah, it's a little "warm", but really worth it to me.

I use Medi-Sol wipes for glue removal. No sting, nice smell.

I have about 4 inches norprene attached to the device. I can pee with pleasure, on trees, in urinals, on an irritating buddy's foot. I just use the little orange cap when I'm not connected to the suit to keep from squishing out a squirt when I plop down on a chair :D

I was getting a little pee inside my suit and discovered the duckbill valve in my balanced p-valve had gone out. A quick and cheap job to replace, it's now dry.

I make sure my undergarment comes between my skin and my qd. Saves those awkard-to-explain injuries :wink:

And my most recent and favorite change has been to the barb coming out of my p-valve. I swapped it out for a larger diameter (same size on the screw-in side. I can pee with complete abandon now, absolutely no sense of back-pressure.

Definitely do the MJ-crotch-grab Laura suggests.

Reactions: Jax
I use an alcohol pad on me right before I install the She-P. This ensures I have no residual body oils or moisturizers. Yeah, it's a little "warm", but really worth it to me.

I use Medi-Sol wipes for glue removal. No sting, nice smell.

I have about 4 inches norprene attached to the device. I can pee with pleasure, on trees, in urinals, on an irritating buddy's foot. I just use the little orange cap when I'm not connected to the suit to keep from squishing out a squirt when I plop down on a chair :D

I was getting a little pee inside my suit and discovered the duckbill valve in my balanced p-valve had gone out. A quick and cheap job to replace, it's now dry.

I make sure my undergarment comes between my skin and my qd. Saves those awkard-to-explain injuries :wink:

And my most recent and favorite change has been to the barb coming out of my p-valve. I swapped it out for a larger diameter (same size on the screw-in side. I can pee with complete abandon now, absolutely no sense of back-pressure.

Perfect, SK!!!!! You just re-enforced all my initial thoughts of what needed to be done! Thanks so much!!! :hugs:

I'm looking for a medical adhesive remover that is more cost-effective than the Smith and Nephew individually packaged wipes and also safe to use on the She-P.

Recommendations?

baby oil.

Now that I have a name for that move, I am going to feel like I'm making a regular appearance on VH1's Back to the 80's! I had mastered the move, now I know what to call it, thanks to both of you! :rofl3:

Reactions: Jax
I buy the Remove solution in 8 oz bottles. I think I have generally ordered from a place in Georgia, but when I need more, I just Google Remove solution and pick the place with the lowest price.

Please pardon yet another question . .. :)

May one use any norprene tubing, or should one get a specific type / brand, etc.?

Same for the connection components - I have a list of the McMaster-Carr items.

Back
Top Bottom