Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you making sure that the "taint" area is really flat when you put the she-p on? I find that if I sit with one butt cheek on the toilet seat and make sure it's really flat, I have much better luck.

But I do believe it's possible to get less sticky urobond...pretty sure I had one bottle as well.

I am quite sure I have the technique down, and I've had far more successful days than not -- but this new bottle of stuff doesn't seem to be holding very well. I'm contemplating taking the lid off for a couple of hours and seeing if it will concentrate better. At $30 a bottle, I'm going to be royally ticked if I have to discard one because it doesn't hold.

Reactions: Jax
I am pretty sure I have the technique down. However, I am beginning to suspect the "check" valve in the balanced system.

I don't know, but I am spending every night after diving in a laundry washing the stink out of my undergarments. Dadgummed wicking material . . . It wicks, all right! :rolleyes:

Jax you may want to try the Tena's as backup... I have had quite a few successful runs here lately but I am sticking to a plan A and a plan B bc the first time I don't, I know I will wish I had. The Tena's are much less... well... diaper-y? I don't know what sizes they come in but I wear a SM-Med so if they come in a an XS that would be obviously be best for you. You can even order them from Amazon (but Walmart carries them, too).

Reactions: Jax
So what glue and remover is being used by you ladies these days with the She-P. I have had mine for 2 years now but I did not dive with it at all last year. (no dry suit diving at all for me last year)

Dive season is just now starting and I am moving to CA in a few months so I need to replenish my stock of supplies.

I had pretty good success with the she-p when I used it last. I am only hoping that its like riding a bike and I dont forget how to attach it. And pee while wearing it!

Goo-Gone -- Spray Gel is my favorite.

It may not be made for the purpose, but you don't feel anything when you use it. It doesn't sting the cuts on my hands, either.

---------- Post added April 26th, 2012 at 05:40 PM ----------

Jax you may want to try the Tena's as backup... I have had quite a few successful runs here lately but I am sticking to a plan A and a plan B bc the first time I don't, I know I will wish I had. The Tena's are much less... well... diaper-y? I don't know what sizes they come in but I wear a SM-Med so if they come in a an XS that would be obviously be best for you. You can even order them from Amazon (but Walmart carries them, too).

Yeah, I wear a backup, but the wicking power of the Fusion Thermal won't be denied!

Goo-Gone -- Spray Gel is my favorite.

It may not be made for the purpose, but you don't feel anything when you use it. It doesn't sting the cuts on my hands, either...

Jax... I don't know how to word this question... I'm assuming you use the goo-gone on the she-p?

I can testify from personal experience that you do not want to use the Remove pads on yourself . . .

Actually Lynne, I rarely use the Remove pads on myself - but don't find it uncomfortable if I do.

A bit of Baby oil usually works fine.

[/COLOR]
Jax... I don't know how to word this question... I'm assuming you use the goo-gone on the she-p?

Actually, I have a lot of experience with it in my wood working - it doesn't sting anything, so I use the goo-gone on everything.

Sure as heck didn't sting like the drops of alcohol in my p-valve hose . . . I THOUGHT I rinsed it!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom