Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had one bottle that seemed less strong than the other ones....but it was back when I was having all kinds of issues (and wasn't following the same routine I do now). So I don't know if I'd chalk it up to inexperience or the glue.

I've had good luck putting glue on the night before and then another layer in the morning....seems to make it ultra-sticky. If you're not already doing that, maybe give it a try with this bottle to see if it helps??

I had one bottle that seemed less strong than the other ones....but it was back when I was having all kinds of issues (and wasn't following the same routine I do now). So I don't know if I'd chalk it up to inexperience or the glue.

I've had good luck putting glue on the night before and then another layer in the morning....seems to make it ultra-sticky. If you're not already doing that, maybe give it a try with this bottle to see if it helps??

I took your advice . . . . I'm not winning. :(

But thanks to whoever suggested the Pearl something adult diapers! They've helped!

Hmm . . . I just recently opened a new bottle of Urobond, and I'm 0 for 2 with it. This is not usual. I'll report as the dives continue, but there does seem as thought there might be something odd about the Urobond.

It might help to put two layers on the evening and a third in the morning - let it dry till it only pulls up like 1/8" when touched before applying.

It also seems you can thicken the glue by leaving the top open for a while.

Hmm . . . I just recently opened a new bottle of Urobond, and I'm 0 for 2 with it. This is not usual. I'll report as the dives continue, but there does seem as thought there might be something odd about the Urobond.

I'm glad that observation wasn't just my imagination.

Reactions: Jax

It sure does seem to separate from the skin easily. I'm doing the multi-application as suggested. Please let me know!

Well, I'm 0 for 5 on the She-pee holding. I'm beginning to think this is impossible.

I wash myself every day, and blow dry. I put on two coats at night, and another in the morning. Still, it leaks in the back.

I have found that if I just wait until I'm standing in the water, I am much more successful.

I seriously doubt that I could glue my butt cheeks together, like someone said. The glue just isn't that strong. :depressed:

Well my glue is strong - so it might be a bad batch, as Lynne said.

Agree with Lynne and Kathy, you may have a bad batch. I just finished my bottle of Urobond and its adhesive strength was very strong.

Agree with Lynne and Kathy, you may have a bad batch. I just finished my bottle of Urobond and its adhesive strength was very strong.

I sure hope so . . . I'm beginning to give the AquaSeal "the eye" . . . . :chuckle:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom