Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:bump:

For those of you that leave two-three days of glue on the device . . . how do you clean it? If you pour alcohol on it, does it damage the glue?

Thanks!

I use one of those Remove pads and do as well as I can....then I let it sit for a while (sometimes 5-10 minutes, sometimes I get tracked and wait a few days....hah). Then I use a second Remove pad and most of it comes off. Sometimes I end up using three to remove all of it. I don't get too worried about running out of them because I don't remove the glue everytime anyways....

I use one of those Remove pads and do as well as I can....then I let it sit for a while (sometimes 5-10 minutes, sometimes I get tracked and wait a few days....hah). Then I use a second Remove pad and most of it comes off. Sometimes I end up using three to remove all of it. I don't get too worried about running out of them because I don't remove the glue everytime anyways....

Thanks, L&T! Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. :(

At the end of the day (1, 2, 3), you take off the device with all that lovely glue -- it still needs cleaning.

Do you pour alcohol in the center, careful not to hit the glue?

Pour alcohol all over, and the glue isn't harmed?

How do you clean it while leaving the glue in place?

Thanks, L&T! Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. :(

At the end of the day (1, 2, 3), you take off the device with all that lovely glue -- it still needs cleaning.

Do you pour alcohol in the center, careful not to hit the glue?

Pour alcohol all over, and the glue isn't harmed?

How do you clean it while leaving the glue in place?

Ahhh, gotcha! Once it's off, I clean it with a non-moisturizing soap. No effect on the glue at all :)

Ahhh, gotcha! Once it's off, I clean it with a non-moisturizing soap. No effect on the glue at all :)

Is that something you take with you on travels?

Jax, alcohol doesn't do much of anything to the glue. Heck, even the Remove pads don't do much to the glue. But I don't alcohol the She-P anyway; I rinse it aggressively after each use, and then use bar soap to wash out the reservoir, and re-rinse. I use alcohol on the tubing and p-valve, because there are interstices there that I can't mechanically wash.

Jax, alcohol doesn't do much of anything to the glue. Heck, even the Remove pads don't do much to the glue. But I don't alcohol the She-P anyway; I rinse it aggressively after each use, and then use bar soap to wash out the reservoir, and re-rinse. I use alcohol on the tubing and p-valve, because there are interstices there that I can't mechanically wash.

Excellent! Thanks a million!

i just give it a good rinse in the shower & stand it so that it will drain.

This thread is hilarious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom