Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I now have all the bits to complete the job, I picked up my halcyon valve from the dive shop yesterday and now just need to fit it. Then need an in-water test but at the moment I am feeling confident the fitting of the device is consistent.

I was so confident this morning I didn't even stand in the shower :)

What is it with diving though, just putting my suit on at a dive site makes me want the loo, but it has taken 4 cups of tea this morning :D

What's your success rate like underwater vs topside? I'm thinking that my leaks generally occur when I'm having to fight gravity....problem is that I hydrate myself enough that I just can't wait till I'm in the water sometimes (especially when we have 1.5+ hour boat rides out to the dive site).

Maybe you pee a different speed topside vs underwater?

If the device is attached with plenty of glue- to clean, dry, non-moisturized skin, then I think success is directly related to how much you can control the tinkle speed, and how little pressure you put on the device (eg: holding the shepee in place, or even just putting a finger against the reservoir while peeing).

Around 8-12 hours of activity (after application) - this theory seems weaker.

Btw, one piece of news from my experience. I just finished my first Uro-Bond jar. It appears that the last two applications of the jar were particularly successful. I nearly threw it away as the glue was getting very stiff and hard to brush on. At first it felt like the She-P was not so stuck on properly but boy did it hold on well those days. It was a job to rub it off though because it dried on the She-P in beads nearly. I am thinking maybe for my body cooties I need to put a thicker layer of Uro-Bond and really let it goo up in future too since this seemed to work better - removal from skin was a bit more painful too though...

I just had a similar experience and boy was it stuck! Certainly failure was not an issue.

Has anyone left a new jar of glue open for a while, to allow evaporation, and try to similuate the almost-empty-bottle concentrated sticky glue?

No, but you get the same effect if you don't clean all the glue off after each application. The device quickly looks utterly gross, though.

No, but you get the same effect if you don't clean all the glue off after each application. The device quickly looks utterly gross, though.

I've done that too, very effective but it does look disgusting. Was thinking perhaps applying a couple of layers of glue to the device the night before would produce the same ubber sticky effect (that lasts for 10+ hours) in a more hygienic way. Has anyone tried this?

No, I haven't tried that. The problem is that, when you have all those layers of glue on it, it's a real nuisance to try to clean it all off at the end of the day. At the end of this recent MX trip, I had to saturate a paper towel with Remove, wrap the device in it, put it in a zip-lock bag and let it sit for several hours, and then carefully scrape all the glue off with a plastic picnic knife. Took forever. Therefore, I tend not to do that every night, and I just try not to look at the thing during long trips. It's really only skin oil that's discoloring it, anyway; because of the seal, there's no urine involved.

It's really only skin oil that's discoloring it, anyway; because of the seal, there's no urine involved.

Unless, of course, you're me....then it's urine :depressed: :(

I'm so incredibly frustrated. Getting close to giving up altogether. It shouldn't be this hard (as evidenced by the fact that no one else has had as many issues as I have)...

Maybe I should try the Hollister spray. Maybe urobond just does not work for me??

Finally got my back- up drysuit fitted with a P-valve! Now I'm fully plumbed no matter which suit I wear!:D You ought to see all the questions I get asked about it since I'm a girl.:rofl3: Though I do try hard & try to be professional about answering the questions,.... it's kinda hard to be "delicate" about it.:eyebrow:

I just got my first drysuit and have been using the she-p on every dive. I had a couple of not so successful days, but finally on my third attempt, total dryness. And that was with installing it and then driving 2+ hours, etc. The funniest moment so far was when I was getting the p-valve installed, and was asked whether I like it to go to the left or right. Not something I've ever given any thought to.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom