Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Note to self - before ever going down this path, purchase a gallon or so of remover. . . . :D

Remover is only for getting the glue off the device. If you use it on yourself, you will only do it once . . .

Reactions: Jax
Remover is only for getting the glue off the device. If you use it on yourself, you will only do it once . . .

Thank God there is a mistake I'll only make once!!!! :yeahbaby:

Thanks - this warning is now in my she-p notes!

I find using baby oil, with a cotton make- up removal square or such, helps with the residual glue left on me after removal of the device,... especially if I can't shower immediately. Keeps me from sticking to myself. A good scrubbing in the shower usually gets rid of the residual.

Note to self - before ever going down this path, purchase a gallon or so of remover. . . . :D

You don't need a gallon :).

I usually only use a remover pad or two per dive to clean the device. Doesn't take much.

fiona, the cap fits over the quick disconnect on the free end of the weenis that's attached to the she-p on the other end, and the plug goes in the other side of the quick disconnect, on the p-valve hanging from the suit. they keep any extra pee from getting on you or your suit.

so, not attached, it goes she-p, barb, short norprene tube (weenis), quick disconnect, cap. from the other side, p-valve, barb, long norprene tube, (balance chamber in there if you have one), quick disconnect, plug.

Do you mean the Smith & Nephew remover pads or something else? I used the pads on my, uh, self, and they kind of tingle but nothing painful. After the first time when I too quickly removed the Uro-Bonded She-P (ouch ouch ouch), I go much slower and wipe the remover pad around the edges to help with removal.

Re the Hollister spray, I'll only be doing single dives until it's warmer, but I'll try to report on its success or failure as I go. I don't have the strength or stamina to do more than one shore dive in the winter. Too much weight, too much walking, too much cold! I'm a wuss.

Yeah, the Smith & Nephew pads -- maybe I have unusually sensitive skin, but that stuff really stings!

I find that if I do more than a couple of wipes with Remover, it stings but other than that it is ok. I gave it to my buddy who got a cath stuck on once and he was not a happy camper after that so I think be cautious with it! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom