Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is this cap something extra I need to purchase, there is an orange plug and cap in the pack but they don't seem to fit anything.

I haven't found the orange plug useful.

Yeah, the Smith & Nephew pads -- maybe I have unusually sensitive skin, but that stuff really stings!

I find that if I do more than a couple of wipes with Remover, it stings but other than that it is ok. I gave it to my buddy who got a cath stuck on once and he was not a happy camper after that so I think be cautious with it! :)

Do you think that how you shave could affect skin sensitivity? I use an electric shaver which doesn't cut as close as a razor, so maybe my skin isn't as sensitive?

You don't cap your She-P and p-valve after disconnecting them?

Do you think that how you shave could affect skin sensitivity? I use an electric shaver which doesn't cut as close as a razor, so maybe my skin isn't as sensitive?

I shave with a razor and don't have the issue :idk:

i think everyones skin is different. Some women can use the pads just fine, some can't. Some women the Spray sticks like superglue, some it doesn't. Same with Urobond, but more women have reported long day/duration success. Some women can use a razor, others look at a razor and get irritation (if this is the case, check out the body groomer type clippers).

it seems at times there is no 'right' answer, just a lot of different things to try and see what works with your own skin type.

two of the best things we've found for helping with success have already been mentioned...

wash with a good soap before use and let the glue dry longer than you think before application.

I haven't found what it is supposed to fit.

Having just spent about 10 mins looking at all the pieces I now know where they fit :)

Just need to puchase the plug and cap. Would have been great if these were already in the kit.

Last edited:
it comes down to a price thing. I try my best to keep pricing down despite increases by all my suppliers. some women have stated they didn't really have a big need for them and would have preferred the 'option'. I think this is a case of I can't please all the people all the time (but I do try) :)

Reactions: Jax
You don't cap your She-P and p-valve after disconnecting them?

Of course I do, but I have the white cap/plug which work great! I thought they came in the kit? Maybe seperate order? Don't remember.

Of course I do, but I have the white cap/plug which work great! I thought they came in the kit? Maybe seperate order? Don't remember.

Sounds like everyone has a different set of caps and plugs depending on when they bought their kit. I have the orange plugs as well as the white cap. Just lucky, I guess. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom