Question about the possible hazard of silver sparkles on Excellerating Force Fins ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meesier42,
That is a great and informative review of the new hockey fin. I think that you should copy and paste the review and start a new thread with it though as a lot of people may not find it on this thread. It is too good to have hidden !!:D
It sounds as though this fin will have a much wider appeal than purely underwater hockey, which is great for FF.

Meesier, I just did a flip test on the Red Label UPS delivery Hockey fins. I think they went at least 13 feet in the air. I will have Blair video a flip test tomorrow. This new costly material will pull your trunks off. Things will never be at same with buddy diving, unless your dive partner is using the same fins.

Bob, I moved all my Fins to the shop and had one diver use Foils and one Pros with good results. I took two bins and put them on the Boat for people to try them.

I am awaiting their completion and delivery with great anticipation. I can wait until Bob says they are ready - but I'm feeling sort of like a kid waiting for Santa. Hoping the local LDS with a pool will let me try them out there. If not, I'll probably have to replace all the water in the hot tub - :D.

Based upon what you told me about how they felt when you used them, I think they will surpass my TDEXFFs for my use. (Anybody want to buy a pair of well used XL TDEXFFs??)

Tn Taveler, The first thing out of my mouth at 4:30 am was this new Poly-Urethane material is unreal. Can't wait till Blair comes in, we need to do a flip video today, right now. I have to give Juan a hand trimming today since he can not keep up with some new orders. Good to be busy. Can't wait to trim your Hockey and ship off tomorrow. Best, Bob

Bob

Thanks for the update.

It was going to be a long weekend, with the snow they are predicting for here (Although the fun part is that any white precipitation causes the locals to clean the grocery store shelves of milk, bread and eggs) - but now it will be longer waiting for their arrival.

Wonder how they will work as snow shoes :rofl3:

PS - if you could - throw in an extra set of comfort insteps when you ship them. (Trying to get my wife to try my FF Pros, but she will need the inserts for them to fit.)

I am waiting patiently but excitedly for my Flying Force in the new material ! Looking forward to the flip test video, thanks Bob and Blair.

I think the new material would look great on test diver # 1's feet.
Also, I just sent Bob some pictures of Daughter of Tester# 1 with her Whackerspoon.

TN Traveler,
Stay warm and stay safe. When you get you fins and if you try them out for snow shoes you know we need to have pictures!

Teem,
Thanks for your patience!

To everyone,
I can not even talk with Bob as he is in a crazed verbal stream of excitement. Rode in today on my bike and Bob just looks at me. I can tell he has something turning in his mind, then he explodes- "Grab the video Camera, grab the lights , set up the scaffolding......."

Well the storms are gone in our area and now the crew/supply boats that have been fouled by the storms need work and I have been called out to work on the repairs- so no video today. Thanks again Force Fin for your support and flexibility.

Bob is beside himself and I hope everyone will have the patience to wait until tomorrow for the video demonstration. I apologize for the delay, but duty calls and it is time for me to get wet. I have seen the flip test with my own eyes and it is amazing. It is impossible to avoid Bob's enthusiasm as his grin is as big as the the building we work in. The flip test has always been a favorite of mine. Just try this test on any pair of fins that are not Force Fins and the difference is staggering.
flip_OUT.jpg

Bob preforms a Flip Test at a DEMA Show in the past.

As I work in the turbid waters of the coast of Gaviota, California this afternoon I will be wondering if Bob will sleep tonight as he is worried that this new material will have to much snap/ rebound and that anyone swimming or diving with just a swimsuit will be in danger of having their suit ripped off their body due to the speed that the fin can create.

Here is to today and tomorrow! Have a great day everyone and Bob try to control yourself and breath!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom