Question about the possible hazard of silver sparkles on Excellerating Force Fins ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Uncleavi

Great .... lets see a picture :D

I'm just a tiny little bit tempted to get sparkles on my Ruby Red Tan Delta .... nothing to do with peer pressure from crazy Irish friend :kiss2:

Except, of course, if I can get the whole fin in Diamond Clear :cool2:

I have Flying Force Fins with Sparkles and live in Florida and they have not payed any attention to my fins. I have not even thought about it till you brought it up.

I've never used a silvery + shiney cylinder

My UK cylinder is white, my ponys are either green or yellow

and on liveaboards the cylinders are a dull grey

The tank on your back is silvery and shiny, how many sharks have tried eating it?

Venus,
there is a few pictures on the thread Boeing wind tunnel and that is a few pages back.
Those were taken at my Alaskan House

Uncleavi, I did my own testing in Cayman Islands during a Scuba RadioScubaRadio-The worlds first radio show devoted to diving with Greg The Divemaster. Powered by ClickToBoat.Com. trip with Greg Holt. I have some great photo's Greg took that I will put up later this week. They will show how daring I am to find out if Sparkles in Force Fins are a lure. Its difficult to say what attracts an animal to strike a diver. Does wearing all black make you look like a seal to a great white? Or, are you more attractive when wearing neon "yummy" yellow? Personally, I feel safer when being able to be seen by my dive buddy.

When offshore trolling, I use fish attractors that are reflective slabs of metal. that are about the size of force fins. Also, to answer Deco Martini's question, I painted my shiny tanks black, because they looked a little to much like a tasty Tarpon.

Last edited:
Well I've ordered my TD Excelleraters smoke black with silver and gold sparkles and expect to attract lots of attention......from other divers in awe. :D

They will be the first smoke with sparkles so I am really looking forward to them and will post photos when they arrive.:D

Last edited:
:no: you won't be posting pictures of your FFXTDSB w/ silver + gold sparkles :no:

Did you forget who they are getting shipped to? :yeahbaby:
don't worry, I'll post the pictures of yours, on your behalf ..... maybe! :monkeydance:

Well I've ordered my TD Excelleraters smoke black with silver and gold sparkles and expect to attract lots of attention......from other divers in awe. :D

They will be the first smoke with sparkles so I am really looking forward to them and will post photos when they arrive.:D

Venus,
Force Fins with sparkles has been around for 20 years or more and there never has been a report of them attracting the wrong type of attention from any type of marine life.

Only in America. :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom