Question about the possible hazard of silver sparkles on Excellerating Force Fins ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venus, my head is spinning. Do I put in sparkles in those light purple fins? This sparkles thing is now a thing of the past, let's move on. bob

Hi Bob,

No sparkles please on fins ordered. I will gladly head bash venus for causing this confusion !!!:bash:

We are looking forward to fins as per mailed order.

Many Thanks.

Satara 100

Ps Any progress on naming the hockey fin ?

Ok, Thanks since they are being made without Sparkles. The Hockey fin is waiting for testing reviews. Things got crazy with order's for SD-1 and Beaver Force, so no name yet. I think we have some good choices so far. I will say that Hockey fin is a real kicker.

Great.
If you need a female tester for the hockey fins.....Willing and able..:D

Ps Any progress on naming the hockey fin ?

If you need a female tester for the hockey fins.....Willing and able..:D

Do you play u/w hockey? if so where?
I just finished phase 1 testing of the Hockey Force Mod 0, but I promised Bob I wouldn't release the details about it yet, so everyone will just have to wait till he gives me the ok to talk about it.

Venus,
Force Fins with sparkles has been around for 20 years or more and there never has been a report of them attracting the wrong type of attention from any type of marine life.
There was that case with them attracting Dr Bill. Other than that... :D

Ok, Meesier42, Thanks for holding the gates closed, but your honest comments today on the Hockey fin I am making for you personally can be told in your words. On the positive notes you brought up I think we will have a winner, and the Negative was nothing for me to sweat about. I am rolling tomorrow on your size, Thanks for helping make a new Hockey Fin, Best, Bob.......Net Doc this might be your fin.

I did a nice penetration on the Mizpah Wreck with my Excellerating Force Fins and they did a super job and am in the mood to teach a wreck course so, come on down Force Fin divers and sign up and try all the different fins Tester # 1 has. You can even meet my Pug Frances!

Ok, Meesier42, Thanks for holding the gates closed, but your honest comments today on the Hockey fin I am making for you personally can be told in your words. On the positive notes you brought up I think we will have a winner, and the Negative was nothing for me to sweat about. I am rolling tomorrow on your size, Thanks for helping make a new Hockey Fin, Best, Bob.......Net Doc this might be your fin.
Bob, I am confident that one day you will come up with something for my bodacious frog kick! :D

well, with Bob's go ahead, the abbreviated review

Its a beast. The water control vanes that are built into the fin are extremely effective at eliminating lateral shutter, its amazing how such small vanes can stabilize the kick.

I'll start with application for Scuba (this is a ScubaBoard afterall)- Plain and simple the best frog kicking fin I have ever used, when you want distance per kick its there, when you want super fine control its there, when you want accurate/awkward sculling movements its there. For the frog kicking scuba diver, the fin is probably ready for production (I say probably, because its Bob's call, not mine).

For U/W Hockey- all of the fine control and rapid feedback that the fin offers, makes it a great fin for hockey. All of the above control features make it excellent for hockey, there are a couple of adjustments to be made
1) size, right now its a XXL, need a smaller size to properly fit barefoot (although XXL will fit most drysuit boots)
2) adjusting the stiffness to allow a higher kick cadence, which will improve top speed and acceleration

an additional note- this fin performed flawlessly on the surface, better than my Mares Superchannels, or my Carbon fiber Leaderfins. Probably too expensive a fin for the snorkeling market, but for those of us shore divers its a nice plus.

overall I am extremely pleased with how it turned out, I think Bob is going to have 2 winners here, both in the Scuba (XXL) and Hockey (L) markets, although they might be slightly different. And by the way, I want to say thank you to Bob for creating and continuing work on this project for me. Its been fun working with you and I have no idea how to properly thank you for this fin, I just hope that the rest of the Hockey market falls in love with it as I have and you have the opportunity to make some money of them. Thanks Bob!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom