Q about Vehicle break-in on Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Harry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So... don't leave anythng in your vehicle while diving....

Does than mean I have to drive back to the resort after every dive to get a fresh tank?

Last edited:
So... don't leave anythng in your vehicle while diving....

Does than mean I have to drive back to the resort after every dive to get a fresh tank?

Nope - simple answer, no editorial.

Just leave your tanks in the rack that is provided in the back of the truck.

So... don't leave anything in your vehicle except tanks....

Everyone leaves tanks in the truck. We also leave old shoes and sandals, tee shirts, cheap towels, lotions and bug repellant. Just don't leave anything that you would really miss or that would be expensive to replace.

We were just talking about that. My GF and I both wear glasses and could not see without them to drive back to the resort. When I was there the last time did only boat dives at Divi so never needed a truck. But was thinking about going again with the DNY crowd. And trucks would be the norm. Do not want to take my glasses under water or haul a couple pairs of old ones. What do you do as far as that goes. ID I could take in a small waterproof box. But glasses are another matter unless i found an old light body they would fit in to take down with me. Would you hide em on the truck somewhere?

Great question Jim. I have a waterproof canister (from my EPLB) that I can hang on my wasit belt. It should be large enough for a couple pair of glasses.

When are you going down Jim? We'll be there Dec 1 to 8.

Nobody takes tanks since no operator will fill tanks owned by another operator.

To take glasses with you - either of these should work:

Witz "Lens-Locker" Dry Case - I've used one of their other cases for years - the way it's designed keeps it dry. No leaks ever - even at +100'.
Otter Water Tight Box # 2000 Series

I wouldn't "hide" anything in the truck. They're going to have a pretty good idea of how long you'll be gone and I doubt there's anywhere you can hide stuff that they haven't thought of - or will watch you do it. Plus you're 50yds+ out in the water - by the time you get back in over the ironshore, they'll be long gone. At the south sites, you can see 3-4 divesites down in some areas - it's pretty flat. Except for some trees/bushes that can be used for concealment. In a week of diving, often in the afternoons at more remote sites, I only felt like we were being observed once.

Last edited:
When I was there I left an old pair of shorts, belt, tshirt and flip flops. Don't you know they stole my shorts with the belt on it by the lighthouse. Didn't care about the shorts but it was my only belt. Definitely don't leave anything in the truck you care about.

I have left my glasses out on the dash (old pair just in case) and so far no problems. If you are worried about them, just put them in an old hard sided case and put them in your BC pocket.. no need to worry about getting them wet, sweat is basically salt water and they handle that just fine. I put a 2L on the hood for an after dive rinse- which also has not been taken- just rinse your glasses with that. 25+ trips and so far no problems....oh and tanks are fine.

Back
Top Bottom