Q about Vehicle break-in on Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The real benefit of being built like a manatee is that you get to dive like one! :D :D :D I hardly ever wear a wetsuit if the water temps are above 75o!!!

Reactions: RJP
So... don't leave anythng in your vehicle while diving....

Does than mean I have to drive back to the resort after every dive to get a fresh tank?

Just returned from Bonaire and did a lot of shore diving from a rental pickup. Tanks are ok to leave, but anything else is at risk. We were told to leave the doors unlocked, windows part way down. We did leave an old towel, flip flops and a water bottle laying out, but that was it. My wife bought a cheap pair of sunglasses which were left in the car and my prescription pair we hid in the rocks or bushes somewhere near. We didn't have any problems.

JT

Hi Scubagirl62

We just returned from Bonaire as well. We had no problems - but then again we left the truck windows rolled down and nothing in vehicle except towels, cheap flip-flops, water bottles, mosquito repellent, and o-rings.

We carried our prescription glasses, money and keys in a waterproof dive canister attached to my belt.

It's definitely a 3rd world country, poverty everywhere.

All of the boutique and store owners are fair-skinned with blue eyes (Dutch). And everyone else is dark-skinned and poor.

I haven't seen such a unsettling dichotomy since I was at Duke U. There, all the white people were at the university and driving BMWs. All of the black people were elsewhere, lined up on the sidewalks waiting for the city buses.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom