Putting on a Wetsuit Easier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

My LDS turned me on to this idea and I've taken it just one step further. To some this may not be new.

When putting on a wetsuit, dry or wet, put a plastic grocery bag over your foot or hand. Slips right through with ease.

What I've started doing is to use a 1/2 or 1 gallon freezer bag. They don't tear as easy as the grocery bag.

Either way, it's a whole lot cheaper than buying a dive skin to accomplish the same thing.

Brian

Dive socks work real well for that also (although I have only used them on my feet). Of course they are more expensive than trash bags, grocery bags or even zip-lock bags, but they probably won't get tossed out and "hurt the environment". (See thread on eliminating plastic bags.)

I suppose that the doggie-doo bags they have at State Parks would work also.

Wristshot

Do a few triathlons...that'll get you used to donning/removing a wetsuit quick :) On a related note, BodyGlide works pretty well too...

Body Glide, hmmm, I use 1/3 hair conditioner (don't need it fry any thing else) and 2/3 water in a spray bottle.

Hi
I think it's much easier and cheaper to get cheap socks from walmart for putting on the wetsuit and getting out. It really does not make any difference using a dive sock. Plus it will keep the life of your wetsuit longer since it tears at the heels first

Baby powder works aswell.

Thats coming from someone who dives in a drysuit ALL the time!!!
works a treat and doesn't rot the neoprene

Scuba_freak

buy a hyperstretch and you'll never have any problems getting in or out.

I have used the plastic bag method before...the thicker the wet suit the harder it is to put on...a plastic bag helps. Now I use the old dive skin which also helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom