Putting on a Wetsuit Easier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeFlaneur:
You can also get your hood on easier by putting a plastic bag over your head. :wink:

I wasn't expecting that, you crack me up! LMFAO

p.s. watch some dumb-as* do it!

buy a hyperstretch and you'll never have any problems getting in or out.

Yeah they're great if you don't mind the loss in warmth. I've got one and it really doesn't bother me, but I put almost 30 dives (including Rescue training) on it in the last two weeks and the sleeve seam is already coming apart!! Back to the LDS I go!!!!

I never have problems......I have extended leg zippers and wrist zippers. I just step in my suit, zip it down, and off I go.

SWT

Seriously? I was considering purchasing one of these.

teknitroxdiver:
...I put almost 30 dives (including Rescue training) on it in the last two weeks and the sleeve seam is already coming apart!! Back to the LDS I go!!!!

LeFlaneur:
You can also get your hood on easier by putting a plastic bag over your head. :wink:
Hmm, I think I work with people that have used this method a few to many times and they're not even divers. :11:

lee3:
buy a hyperstretch and you'll never have any problems getting in or out.

That's what I was thinking. I just got a new 7/5 and it's awesome.

I rented a lot of different brands of 7mm suits over the last year before buying this (my first) suit. This one is by far the most comfortable and it's just as warm. It seems durable enough, but I usually don't do 15 dives per week either! If it does fall apart, it's under warranty though.

Squid:
That's what I was thinking. I just got a new 7/5 and it's awesome.

I rented a lot of different brands of 7mm suits over the last year before buying this (my first) suit. This one is by far the most comfortable and it's just as warm. It seems durable enough, but I usually don't do 15 dives per week either! If it does fall apart, it's under warranty though.

You may just have prompted me to buy one. :wink:

Plastic bags on hands, feet, and head. Now that would be a funny picture. I think I may have to pose in a mock picture just to see how it really looks. LOL LOL LOL

My original suit was a 7mil (actually they called it 1/4") "shake & Bake" which was 100% bare neoprene on the inside and nylon on the outside. I used to carry a small bottle of soapy water (that biodegradeable camping stuff). One little squirt in each arm and leg and you would slide right in.

pasley:
Body Glide, hmmm, I use 1/3 hair conditioner (don't need it fry any thing else) and 2/3 water in a spray bottle.
Me, too. It's called "suit snot". Works like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom