Trip Report Punta Sur - Devils Throat - August, 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blues Runner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Cozumel currents were favorable last week, and I was able to dive the "Devils Throat" off of Punta Sur again! My third experience flirting with the devil! The Devil's Throat is a 60 foot long tunnel that is entered at a depth of about 80 feet. The tunnel angles downward at about 45 degrees. The actual throat is a 90 degree turn with a vertical drop of about 10 feet. The tunnel exits at about 135 feet on a beautiful coral wall into the blue! Endorphin magic!

"Never enough"...

FYI. Your video is unavailable to me for some reason. Error says it may contain content from SME, who has blocked it in my country on copyright grounds. Given your profile says you are for Florida not sure why I am getting blocked trying to watch video from Texas. Maybe because filmed in Mexico. We will see if other people see same error. I am on my iPhone at the moment

FYI. Your video is unavailable to me for some reason. Error says it may contain content from SME, who has blocked it in my country on copyright grounds. Given your profile says you are for Florida not sure why I am getting blocked trying to watch video from Texas. Maybe because filmed in Mexico. We will see if other people see same error. I am on my iPhone at the moment
i see the same error

Ditto. I am getting same error and can't view the video.

I was able to dive the "Devils Throat" off of Punta Sur again!
Just a few curiosity questions based on something I read in another thread:

Did you know beforehand that you would be going to that site? When did the dive op inform you? Were you given the chance to request nitrox for the dive? What size tank did you use?

Just a few curiosity questions based on something I read in another thread:

Did you know beforehand that you would be going to that site? When did the dive op inform you? Were you given the chance to request nitrox for the dive? What size tank did you use?
I would think you would need 28% or less With depth close to 140. From my experience people on the boats request it and if people are in favor you dive it. No doubt peer pressure can play into it.

I hope dive ops are NOT surprising people with a trip to that location.

I have read many reports of people diving it on 32%.

I plan on going for my next trip in a few months on 21%.

Back
Top Bottom