Pulau Weh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again for the detailed info everybody.

Travelher, please let us know how your trip turns out. I will be eager to hear about it as I think it wil be my next destination... -Andy

NO Visa on Arrival Service in Banda Aceh

While Air Asia starts the direct flight service from Kuala Lumpur to Banda Aceh this week, there are no facilities for VOA.
My embassy here in the USA (NYC) has told me that they will NOT issue me a tourist visa without first receiving special permission from the BRR office in Banda Aceh.

Regardless that since May 19, 2005 no more special permits for travel to Banda Aceh are necessary, my government will not issue me a visa. Currently I have a ticket from KL-Banda Aceh for Sunday, Nov. 11th.

If there are other US citizens who are wishing to take this flight, please be aware of these restrictions.

If the BRR does not grant me permission in 48 hours, (as I depart the USA on Nov. 8th) I will have to buy a new ticket from KL-Medan (where I CAN get VOA) and then another ticket Medan-Banda Aceh.

This will cost me and my partner an extra $200 USD, but there may be no other way around it as we are on our way to Pulau Weh for diving.

So for now, this wonderful direct flight is pretty much useless to me.

If anyone has dealt with the BRR and received special permission and could give me any suggestions, that would be great.

Hi Travelher, are you back yet from Weh?

Anybody recently completed travel there?

Thanks, -Andy

Was there any extensive damage there following the big tsunami?

I've sent emails to both Rubiah and Lumbalumba a week ago, no reply yet. Anybody have any email addresses other than the old standard info@? Thanks, -Andy

I've sent emails to both Rubiah and Lumbalumba a week ago, no reply yet. Anybody have any email addresses other than the old standard info@? Thanks, -Andy

This is the email address of Ismayudi, son of the owner of Rubiah Tirta Divers
diveaceh@hotmail.com
He is pretty much involved in running the business, organizing bookings, diving with guests, etc. (I can also PM you his mobile number if you want.)

I don't have an email address of LL other than the one on their website.

This is the email address of Ismayudi, son of the owner of Rubiah Tirta Divers
diveaceh@hotmail.com
He is pretty much involved in running the business, organizing bookings, diving with guests, etc. (I can also PM you his mobile number if you want.)

I don't have an email address of LL other than the one on their website.

Thanks very much kf, I'll try him too. -Andy

Hi Andy,
Lumba Lumba have an aletrnative email address which is:
lumbalumba.com@gmail.com
otherwise maybe send again your mail at their original address and give them a few days more to answer, they got a lt of mails to answer to and a very bad internet connection, PW is still quite a remote location in terms of communication means.
Also you can sms them directly, their phone number is on the website.

About your question cencerning tsunami damages, PW suffered far less than BAnda Aceh and now on the island you can hardly see anything as most of houses have been rebuild, especially on gapang beach.
Underwater I've seen very few damages, nothing noticeable on gapang beach and there are more fishes than ever !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom