Puck Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

troyd554

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i was wanting to get a air integrated computer, i can get a new mares puck air for $275. just wondering what everyone thinks about the puck air and if its worth it to get it. thanks

The puck air isn't a bad computer. I am a firm believer of getting SCUBA gear that I'll grown into as opposed to gear I'll grow out of. Depending on how far you plan on going with your diving, I would suggest looking into some others before buying.

Hello,

I had the same question and was wondering whether you had decided on the Puck or an alternative?

Thanks

I want a simple computer to replace my depth gauge to back up my main wrist computer.

The Mares manufacturere forum is not monitored by any Mares people so the only place to ask is to ask fellow SBers.

Does the Puck Air do air time remaining calculations or does it just display tank pressure (which is all I want it to do)?. I want complete NDL info and simple tank pressure in a small computer to replace my SPG.

I want a simple computer to replace my depth gauge to back up my main wrist computer.

The Mares manufacturere forum is not monitored by any Mares people so the only place to ask is to ask fellow SBers.

Does the Puck Air do air time remaining calculations or does it just display tank pressure (which is all I want it to do)?. I want complete NDL info and simple tank pressure in a small computer to replace my SPG.

If its log and consumption purposes Its a good cheap setup. but the puck 2 with analog gauge now sells for more money, because if it goes flat on a dive you still have the air gauge working.
Hard to beat that price but have a spare battery handy if you do multiple dives in one day (battery lasted about 100dives in the puck2). I would happy with that, sounds like good value.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom