PST’s hot dip cylinders and others on the market?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all, I’m taking a look at the hp 130. I like the lower height as compared to the hp 120. I don’t mind the thicker diameter and the extra weight. Will someone offer a personal experience with either? In Addison any advice on where I can find the best price?​

Model X8-130/Volume 130CF service/pressure 3442PSI/Full buoy -11.7LBS/Empty buoy - 2.0LBS/ weight 43LBS/ Diameter 8.00/ height 25.5
Thanks
Bat

Be careful about the best price inquiry on Worthington tank. The Worthington police is monitoring our board and will send a black mail through your PM, such as "You violate MAP price." LOL~~~

I have been using a Worthington's HP 130 on my last ten dives. (I own a matched set of two to save on trips to the fill station).

I love the time the large amount of gaz gives me underwater.

I once spent 89 minutes at an average of 40 feet on EAN 40, practicing frog kicks, buoyancy, good trim, S-drills and lift bag launching.

I was diving with an AL 80 before.

You will have to get used to the difference in weight and larger mass.

Go for it. :D

Hoosier:
Be careful about the best price inquiry on Worthington tank. The Worthington police is monitoring our board and will send a black mail through your PM, such as "You violate MAP price." LOL~~~
Hey Hoosier, I think you where kidding. I hope I broke no rules. I just got here.

No kidding... You and I are just customer. So, there is no breaking rules from our part. They are totally confused on their jurisdiction.

Belmont:
I have been using a Worthington's HP 130 on my last ten dives. (I own a matched set of two to save on trips to the fill station).

I once spent 89 minutes at an average of 40 feet on EAN 40, practicing frog kicks, buoyancy, good trim, S-drills and lift bag launching.

How long have you had it? what is the weight like to transport?

Belmont:

I hope you have an all-you-can-eat Nitrox plan... why Nitrox for a dive to 40'? Not much point when the NDLs are absurdly high, even with air...

batmanusa:
How long have you had it? what is the weight like to transport?

I bought them last july.

When you need to transport it you have to watch how you handle it, go slowly and make sure you don't hurt your back.

Each is about 43 pounds, with the back plate 6 pounds, single tank adaptor and integrated 6 pound weight the weight on your back adds up to around 60 pounds.

No problem to walk with that since it's strapped to your back, you just lean forward a bit. BTW if yo see a quarter on the ground in front of you...leave it there :eyebrow:

My instructor uses a set of double 130's

CompuDude:
I hope you have an all-you-can-eat Nitrox plan... why Nitrox for a dive to 40'? Not much point when the NDLs are absurdly high, even with air...

That particular dive was one of five dives done that week end. The other dives were at between 70 and 80 feet.

We had the tanks filled with EAN 40 the day before and the first dive profile was decided the next morning.

All this in the course of my Nitrox cert combined with IANTD's Deep Diver ("DIR flavored").

I had a flat rate for Nitrox that came with some equipment purchase, (ie 2 tanks).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom